Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1215 Discussions

Embedded 13th Gen Core's internal fabric

ChrisMang
Beginner

Hi,

We are currently evaluating the latency and jitter in the processing of Ethernet frames received and transmitted from/to an i226 controller attached through the CPU's PEG slot.

We are using a non-embedded 13th Gen Core i7 while waiting for having one

We have tweaked as many parameters as we could (our BIOS does not support TCC features) and it seems that the worst case jitter measurement we observe are due to some contention in the memory accesses (the GPU seems to be a culprit but certainly not the only one).

We'd like to better understand the reasons for that jitter behavior and having some information about the arbitration performed in the CPU internal fabric would greatly help.

Document #757534 (Feb 2024) ”13th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, Real-Time Tuning Guide” reads in section 8 (Fabric tuning): "Fabric tuning includes microarchitecture-specific optimizations for functional components in the fabric that include prioritization, arbitration, and flow control. ... the best possible real-time performance can be attained by tuning the fabric arbitration and prioritization characteristics, Intel will provide guidance on fabric tuning for 13th Generation Intel® Core® processors upon demand"...

Would it be possible to have access to this information ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @ChrisMang,

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

I looked internally but I have not found any document making reference for this section.

I have found the following document, #632488 - Intel® Ethernet Fabric - Performance Tuning Guide, it has some options for configuration but I'm not sure if it this may be of help in your case.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/812204/632488_Intel%20Ethernet%20Fabric%20Performance%20Tuning%20Guide_v1.7.pdf

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
ChrisMang
Beginner

Hello @Diego_INTEL,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

As you feared, the doc doesn't include the kind of information I'm looking for.

I'll continue my investigation through another channel

Cheers,

Christophe

0 Kudos