Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

I7 PROCESSOR

RONMILIONE
Beginner

This application is for a MFoCS Tablet. We are manufacturing the mother board (see attachment). When our customer presses down on the  i7 (U1) then the motherboard begins to boot! We do not apply staking/underfilling per our customer request.

i7i7

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact MFoCS.  This is not a problem of the processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

They are claiming that when they physically press onto U1 [i7] then the tablet starts booting. When we Xray the board all contacts are bonded fine thru our SMT Process etc... This has nothing to do with OS.

Booting is the BOOTSTRAP/CUSTOM BIOS......

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RONMILIONE:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We received your consultations, but we want to address the following questions to understand them:

Has the affected design been designed by a third-party developer or by you? What is the manufacturer's name and the device's part number? In case it is a third-party device.

Where do you purchase the device related to your requests?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

We BUILD the boards from the vendor. The vendor is LEONARDO DRS. They are a MAJOR DEFENSE MANUFACTURE. The board works 100%. But in some cases, if they PRESS ON U1 LOCATION the board boots. It's a MANUAFCTURE BONDING ISSUE that they are claiming. 

https://www.leonardodrs.com/locations/leonardo-drs-melbourne-fl/ 

We do not apply staking/underfilling per our customer request. MY QUESTION IS SHOULD WE 
"THE PCBA SMT MANUFACTURE"  should we being doing that ,staking/underfilling?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RONMILIONE 

Thanks for your reply.

However, you did not answer our last question. Please let us paraphrase it.

What is the name of the company that supplies you with the processors associated with this situation?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,
@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

We purchase the i7 from ARROW ELECTRONICS.

Looks like there are two date codes in play

38 -        2231

17-         2243intel - 1.jpgintel - 2.jpgintel - 3.jpg

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

We purchase the processor's (i7) from ARROW ELECTRONICS. I have attached the following details:

Looks like there are two date codes in play

38 -        2231

17-         2243

intel - 1.jpgintel - 2.jpgintel - 3.jpg

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RONMILIONE 

Thanks for your answer.

We received your consultations, but we want to address the following questions to understand them:

Based on the provided information, we suggest contacting the place of purchase of the affected devices.

Since they are Intel Authorized Distributors, they will be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

I understand. My question is would you guys (INTEL) recommend to staking/underfilling for the i7 and i5?

Thanks

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RONMILIONE:

Thanks for your reply.

We keep our suggestion to address your questions to the Intel Authorized dealer, who sold you the units related to the reported situation to expedite the answer to your questions.

However, in case our help is needed, we need to clarify that the information that may help you should be accessible with an Intel Developer Zone Premier account.

You should request the update of your account by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html  

You should use a business email address to avoid any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others). you can confirm this information and more details on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RONMILIONE
Beginner

Please find attached all the CofCs we have received for this PN. (i7)

0 Kudos