Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

Driver for Intel X520-2 for WinServer 2016DC

GNurj
Beginner

Добрый день коллеги,

Наша компания недавно приобрела сетевую карту Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2 (PCI-e) для сервера Dell PowerEdge R730. Пробема в том, что диспетчер устройств определяет корректно, но драйвер не рассчитан на работу под WinServer 2016 DC. Пробовали на WinServer 2012R2 работает нормально. Нам необходимо использовать Winserver 2016DС (Genuine License). Искали обновление в сайте Intel. Но к сожалению пока не имеется. Жаль продукция новая но нет поддержки под новую систему. Как быть? Что советуете?

Заранее благодарен,

С ув Гуванч Нурджанов

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Guvanch,

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

In order to help you with this matter, I will move your thread to the Wired Ethernet community site.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guvanch,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please be informed that currently we only moderate English in this communities, therefore we suggest you to write your concern in English in order to better collaborate with other members in this communities. In case you prefer to interact in your native language, you may contact the Intel Customer Support for your location, please click on the link below to contact the support.

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/contact-support/emea-contact.htm

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
GNurj
Beginner

Good Day!,

Our company recently purchased an Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2 (PCI-e) network card for Dell PowerEdge R730 server. The problem is that the device manager determines correctly, but the driver is not designed to work under Windows Server 2016 DC. Tried on Windows Server 2012R2 works fine. We need to use the Windows server 2016D (Genuine License). We were looking for an update on the Intel site. But unfortunately, not yet available. Sorry products are new but there is no support for the new system. How to be? What do you advise?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regars,

Guvanch Nurdjanov

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guvanch,

Thank you for the writing back. What is the exact model of your X520-2 Network adapter? Have you tried using the driver posted at this site?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26092/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2016-?product=42489

Please feel free to update me. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
GNurj
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for reply. We tried before to install by mentioned link. There are not any conflicts, any questions in device manager. Windows server 2016DC recognizes this card correctly but network card doesn't work.

Exact model X520-2 Network adapter as below

Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-SR2

After barcode 1 shown this number 900137

After barcode 2 shown this number E10G42BFSR

Waiting for your assistance,

Best regards,

Guvanch Nurjanov

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guvanch,

Thank you for the update and information. This tells us the exact X520 adapter model. The complete serial number is 12 alphanumeric + 5 alphanumeric + 6 alphanumeric - 3 digits (You may refer to this site for the format https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005625.html# Lnp

Can you elaborate more what is the exact problem about the network card does not work? Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
GNurj
Beginner

Dear Sharon,

Complete serial number: 001B21BC2360 231AD G18786-002

I just need compatible driver for Windows Server 2016. I found my exact products in the list. And when I want to download driver, I understood it is not available for Windows Server 2016 yet. It is available for Windows 2012R2 and etc. But product bought recently and new. How can we use in Windows Server 2016.

Thx advance Guvanch

0 Kudos
GNurj
Beginner

Dear Sharon,

I just want to inform you that I got below reply from support - mailto:supportreplies@intel.com supportreplies@intel.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello , Guvanch

The network adapter X520 -SR2 don't support Windows Server 2016 and there are no drivers for this OS , i escalated the case to the department that is responsible for network adapters to get a update if this adapter will get a driver update , i will keep you informed about the case

Best regards,

Chirill

Intel Customer Support

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I will get new compatible driver for Windows Server 2016 for this Ethernet card.

Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-SR2

Complete serial number: 001B21BC2360 231AD G18786-002

Best regards,

Guvacch Nurjanov

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guvanch,

Thank you for the additional information provided. There is no Windows 2016 driver available at download center for X520. You may continue to check with Chirill from there.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos