Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4918 Discussions

Ethernet Driver Updates: I225-V missing in Windows 11 specific pack

AndyMac60
New Contributor I

In the last few driver updates (28.3 and 29.0) the Network Adapter Driver for Microsoft Windows 11 has dropped the I225-V from supported adapters (no longer listed in release notes, and the installer states that the hardware does not have a supported Intel Ethernet adapter).

The Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack continues to include the drivers for the I225-V, at least for manual updates from Windows Device Manager.

Is this by design or by accident as it implies that the I225-V has stopped having any updates, which is concerning for those of us with the large number of motherboards which use the I225-V.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello AndyMac60,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum.

We will check the details and get back with an update shortly.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello AndyMac60,

Kindly help us with the below details to proceed further.

-Complete Ethernet model.

-System information that you are using.

-Confirm if the ethernet controller is embedded with the motherboard.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

-Complete Ethernet model.

Network adapter is I225-V (there are two on the motherboard, one is currently disabled)

-System information that you are using.

Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E

-Confirm if the ethernet controller is embedded with the motherboard.

Ethernet is embedded on motherboard

Note that the Windows 11 driver install worked up until 28.2.1 (from memory). It started stating it did not recognise it from 28.3 onwards --- and the ALL download includes the driver which can be checked/updated from Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello AndyMac60,

Good day!

Thank you for the confirmation. Since you purchased an OEM branded mainboard- Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E and the Network adapter is I225-V is embedded in the mainboard, we suggest you contact OEM (ASUS) for resolving the issue that you were facing. Using SW and FW versions that have not been validated to work together will affect performance, feature availability, and system stability.

Their expertise and resources may be instrumental in resolving the issue and ensuring the proper functioning of the Network adapter is I225-V on Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi 

0 Kudos