Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4946 Discussions

Event ID 27 cannot find a solution

liland
Beginner

Hello all! I'll try to make this as short as possible but it's a long one.

For months now I have been fixing issues with this pc, where it's spending hours fixing software or throwing hundreds at it fixing hardware issues. This latest issues comes with reinstalling a fresh Windows 10. All drivers are up to date (apart from intel ethernet (you will see why)).

Everything was great with the fresh windows install! Apart from Event ID 27, which for me, who streams on Twitch, is destroying the live stream by cutting out for 10-20 seconds every few minutes. Unwatchable for the viewers imo, my standards are high and this quality means I'm not streaming until this is fixed. Online games are affected to, naturally.

After hours of testing, installing different intel i211 drivers to get this to work, testing my ethernet cable, checking the motherboard ethernet pins, I cannot get this to work. Intel seems to suggest using the motherboards suggested driver which is from 2019 (the latest 2023 driver still brings the error and stops the stream). So I download driver 12.15.184.1 that Asus recommends for the ROG B450-F.

Extract the file and when I launch AsusSetup as admin... nothing happens. When I launch Install *windows batch file* command prompt comes up for 1 frame and nothing happens. Shut down and boot again, Event ID 27. Nice.

I've tried running the setup in compatibility mode in windows 8 just in case that worked. It didn't.

I'm not sure what else to do as I've spend over 6 hours trying to sort this with zero positive outcome. I've had the internet provider over to see if it's an issue that end but it's not.

Now I'm thinking do I need a new motherboard?

There's probably more I need and want to say but I can't think of it right now.

Please be kind, I know I am a moron.

Any help is greatly appreciated, much love x

0 Kudos
3 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi liland,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Understood that you are having an issue with the i211 NIC getting disconnected.

We would like to recommend that you think about trying the steps covered in our most recent forum:

https://community.intel.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/ethernet-products/message-id/32932#M32932

Secondly, we need your help to the Intel System Support Utility Logs on Windows.

Instructions on how to collect log: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926.html

We'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi liland,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.

In case we do not hear from you, I will make a follow up on April 28th 2023 . Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi liland,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos