Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

G18786-002 x520-da2 OEM

rhvw
Beginner
I recently purchased a x520-da2 nic, I can’t find definitively whether it’s an intel brand nic or dell rebrand. Perhaps it doesn’t matter…

How do I find out whether it’s an intel or dell?

Whether or not I need intel or dell drivers or transceivers?

Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw,

As per checking part number "E82394-002" this is also a Dell NIC as per checking on our data base.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would be delighted to check if your NIC is an Intel or a 3rd party card. Is it ok if you can share us a photo of the network card focusing on markings and branding on both sides for us to check? Once we confirm the cards branding we will advise you which drivers you would be needing to use.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rhvw
Beginner
001B217F204C 410AD E82394-002

001B21BAA8D8 231AD G18786-002

0 Kudos
rhvw
Beginner
It appears like the pictures weren’t posted, how do I do that?

Here are the serial numbers;
001B21BAA8D8 231AD G18786-002
001B217F204C 410AD E82394-002
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw,

As per checking the part number of your NIC card which G18786 this is actually a Dell NIC that you have based on our data base.

Also, for you to determine as well if your NIC is an Intel brand, our cards usually have a Yottamark or a BraddyID, please refer to the link below. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

However if you are unsure which brand your NIC has, you can always contact us and we would be happy to check it for you. Since your NIC is a 3rd party brand, please contact the manufacturer for proper assistance to check the drivers needed for their card. To attach a picture on the thread there should be a camera icon where you can insert photo when responding on our thread or you can simply drag and drop the photo you want to attach.

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rhvw
Beginner
What about the E82394-002? Also Dell?

Thank you
Rip
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw,

As per checking part number "E82394-002" this is also a Dell NIC as per checking on our data base.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know If you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
rhvw
Beginner
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello rhvw, 

Thank you very much for responding and confirming, we will now close this request. For future concerns just feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for contacting us and have a great day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos