Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

Help me

luizotaviofrdg
Beginner
Dears,
I have an Asus Rog Strix B250 G motherboard, which has an Intel I219V LAN Chip in its technical sheet.

GWhen opening the Intel website and searching for the technical data sheet of the aforementioned chip, it is clear that the data rate supported by it is 1GbE.

My motherboard only receives 100Mb, when searching the internet about this, I realized that there could be a solution by going to Advanced Network Settings -> More adapter options -> Configure -> Advanced -> Speed and duplex, and changing to 1GBps/Full Duplex option. However, when making this change the computer simply has no internet access.

Could someone please inform me and explain why this is happening (as I theoretically understand the chip can handle it)?
Is there any way to fix this and make the card receive more than 100MB? Since I have a 500MB internet connection, it ends up becoming useless.

Sorry for translate, whas realized by google translate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prezados,

Possuo uma placa mãe Asus Rog Strix B250 G, na qual em sua ficha técnica consta Chip LAN Intel I219V.

Visto isso, ao abrir o site da Intel e pesquisar pela ficha técnica do referido chip, percebe-se que a Taxa de dados suportada pelo mesmo é de 1GbE.

Entretanto, minha placa mãe recebe apenas 100Mb, ao pesquisar na internet sobre isso, percebi que poderia haver uma solução indo em Configurações de Rede Avançada -> Mais opções do adaptador -> Configurar -> Avançado -> Velocidade e duplex, e mudar para a opção 1GBps/Full Duplex.

Contudo, ao fazer essa alteração o computador fica simplesmente sem acesso internet.

Diante isso, alguém poderia por favor me informar e explicar o porque isso está acontecendo (sendo que teoricamente entendo o chip aguenta)?

Ademais, existe alguma forma de arrumar isso e fazer a placa receber mais de 100MB? Visto que possuo uma internet de 500MB que acaba se tornando inútil.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ruda
Beginner

Hello.
Is the cable Cat5e or higher? Older Cat5 or lower cables cannot connect at 1Gb speeds.

[Original Japanese text before Google machine translation]

こんにちは。
ケーブルはCat5e以上ですか?古いCat5以下のケーブルでは1Gbのスピードで接続できません。

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi luizotaviofrdg,

Greetings for the day!

I hope you are doing well. Could you please share a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, please let us know if you are using a desktop or laptop so we can proceed further. 

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi luizotaviofrdg,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Intel I219V LAN Chip in its technical sheet.) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos