Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4888 Discussions

I219-V Wake On Lan no longer working

FarukKocak
Beginner

I have two headless computers which I start using the WOL feature with below command:

....  WolCmd.exe" [MAC Address] 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 4343

Since a couple of days (probably after a Windows update) I can no longer wake the computers from my main i7 13700k computer which has an Asus Rog Strix Z790 motherboard with an onboard Intel I219-V controller on Windows 11 23H2. (SSU scan information is attached.) I hadn't done any changes in BIOS settings recently.
In controller properties:
Wake on Magic Packet is enabled.
Wake on Magic Packet From S5 is enabled.
Wake on Pattern Match is enabled.

I updated the ethernet driver to the latest. (Release_29.0.1)
I disabled fast startup. (which was enabled earlier and WOL was working)
The above steps didn't solve my problem.

I can still wake both computers from my Windows 11 23H2 notebook with same above command as usual.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi FarukKocak,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding the issue reported, you may try to disable the Windows fast startup as in link below:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092746/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

However, since you have mentioned you done the disable the fast startup, we recommend you to contact with the board manufacturer (OEM)to see if they able to validate the use of Windows 11 and obtain additional information regarding this issue.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058914/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Also, as reference, Advanced Power Management Wake up is mentioned in the datasheet (see the Supplemental Information section at
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/82186/intel-ethernet-connection-i219v.html), you might want to check with the board manufacturer about the board having the correct BIOS settings turned on and/or if their BIOS needs to be updated.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi FarukKocak,

Good day,

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
FarukKocak
Beginner

Thank you very much for following up. 
In the mean time, I have updated the Bios.
I installed a PCIe ethernet adapter to check.
However, I installed a little app called EasyWOL from Microsoft store, which is doing its job properly.
I think the problem is not related with the NIC. It's software/command (Windows) related.
Probably after a large Windows Update my PC received on 13 April, the WolCmd.exe command I use to wake the computers is no longer working for some reason.
I will try to find a newer version of the exe and try.
Kind Regards
Faruk

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi FarukKocak,

Good day.

Thank you for your reply.

Sure, you may give it a try with the newer version. Since there is no issue with the product, we will proceed to close this case #06194970 at our end. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos