Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

I350 With Non-Common Clock Support

Miguel_Naranjo
Beginner

Hello,

I am in search of explicit information on whether the I350 or WGI210-IT support a non-common clock architecture.

Reading "Intel® Ethernet Controller I350 Specification Update" and "Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 Specification Update" it is mentioned that the I350 and I210 do not support Separate Reference Clock with Independent Spread (SRIS). 

Is there a difference between a Separate Refence Clock "with Independent Spread" and "without Independent Spread"? If so, doe either of these two devices support Separate Reference Clock without independent Spread?

I am just trying to find device that "translates" from PCIE to 1Gbase-T Ethernet.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Miguel.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the Day!

Hope you're doing well. Could you please share the details of the operating system and the baseboard for further assistance?

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (I350 With Non-Common Clock Support) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're eager to ensure a swift resolution and would appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Miguel_Naranjo
Beginner

Hello @Azeem_Intel ,

Yo have mentioned in your first replay whether I had checked the Plan of Action. I am not sure what plan of action yo are referring to. Could yo please explain?

I am looking to add a device to my PCB design, that "translates" PCIE to 1G Ethernet. My system configuration does not allow me to bring over a host PCIE clock to this device. I was hoping that you had a device that could do this "translation" and extract the clock from the data, or work with a clock source that is not that of the Host.

That is the reason I asked about the I350. In its datasheet its not specified whether a separate (non-common with host) clock architecture is supported.

Please advise.

Regards,

Miguel.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Miguel,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response. We provide you an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. While we address your concern with our internal team, could you please provide a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, could you clarify whether you purchased this part separately or if it was shipped with the system? Your assistance will help us better understand the situation and provide appropriate support.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Miguel_Naranjo
Beginner

Hello @Azeem_Intel ,

It looks like you have gotten off topic in this thread. Please read the first message I sent. I am asking a question about one of your products, not about a specific part with a serial number you sell. There is no situation. I only need an answer to the question this thread started with. If this is a wrong forum to ask a technical question, would you please point me to a contact that may be able to help?

Regards,

Miguel.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Miguel Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The Intel I350 NIC does not natively support non-common clock architectures. It's designed to operate with standard clock signals commonly found in networking environments. 

If your application requires non-common clock support, you may need to explore alternative NIC options or potentially use additional hardware or software solutions to achieve your desired functionality.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
Miguel_Naranjo
Beginner

Hello @Pintu ,

Thank yo for the quick and clear response to my question. I now have what I need to make a decision regarding my current design.

Best Regards,

Miguel Naranjo

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. can we close the case as of now?

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Miguel_Naranjo
Beginner

Hello @Pintu ,

Before the case gets closed. Could you please make a suggestion for a device that would perform the same function as the I350, but that supports a non-common clocking architecture?

All I need is one PCIE port, but will consider part with more ports.

Regards,

Miguel Naranjo.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hello Miguel_Naranjo,

Greetings for the day!

We are currently checking with our internal team to see if the same function device supports a non-common clocking architecture. i will share update shortly

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos