Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4965 Discussions

Inquiries related to laptop environment setup for AVB demo testing

365days
Beginner

I would like to conduct a demo test of AVB using a laptop and have some inquiries regarding the setup.

•Apart from connecting the I210 product (which supports AVB) via PCI, are there any Ethernet device on the laptop that support AVB?

•If not, I would like to use the I210 through a PCI expansion slot. Will there be any issues in implementing AVB in this case?

•If there are any issues, could you recommend an expansion slot that can be used to connect the I210?

I would like to implement AVB using Intel products on a laptop, but if there are any alternative methods, please share them.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello 365days,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

1. Currently only Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 supports AVB.

2. You can use the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 through a PCI expansion slot. There should not be an issue but please make sure you have the latest firmware and OS that is compatible.

You can go through below link for Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Kindly provide us the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 specifications that you are using.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello 365days,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

1. Currently only Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 supports AVB.

2. You can use the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 through a PCI expansion slot. There should not be an issue but please make sure you have the latest firmware and OS that is compatible.

You can go through below link for Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Kindly provide us the Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 specifications that you are using.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello 365days,

Regarding your thread, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Else if none, we will proceed to close the case.

Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello 365days,

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos