Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V disconnect

idata
Employee

Hi, my lan cable connection is disconnecting/reconnecting every few minutes. It's not internet problem since WiFi works fine. I've updated the drivers to latest, re-install from board cd, still the same. Also changed cable, same issue. It's very frustrating and i don't know what to do. What could be wrong? Please help.

My motherboard is MSI Z170A Krait Gaming R6 Siege.

I have Windows 10.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfye,

Thank you for the post. You may try installing the driver from our website to see if this will make any difference however we cannot guarantee the compatibility since you are using an OEM onboard NIC on MSI* system.

Have you also try connecting the I219 onboard NIC to another switch port to test the connection (if there is another port for connection)

Please contact MSI* for further support as they are in best position to check on the hardwarre aspect of the onboard NIC. Please refer to website below regarding where to contact for OEM onboard NIC.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfye,

Good day. Please feel free to update me if the driver could be of any help, have you contacted MSI* support and if the issue is fixed?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did but still same. Also contacted msi support, they told me to clear cmos, reinstall all drivers but it's still the same. I believe there's an issue with the adapter itself.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Thank you for the update and clarification. I will check and see if there is any information about the issue you encountered.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

CAn you help shared additional info below:

1. Brand and model of the switch or router

2. Try to turn off tcp offloading and power saving features such as allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in advanced properties of network adapter

3. SSU logs (Download the SSU tool at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility) run the tool to generate the log then send to me

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

My router is Huawei HG8245H.

Energy efficient is turned off but i don't know about how to turn off TCP offloading.

I've attached the file generated from the SSU tool.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Thank you for sharing the information. The TCP offload can be adjusted by going to the advance property of the network adapter. Go to device manager-> network adapter-> locate your network adapter model-> Do a right click then click on Property

Go to the Advance tab-> You will find the TCP offloading option.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Have you tried the TCP offload option? And what is the brand and model of the external USB adapter that works without issue? Please feel free to share the test result.

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Good day. As mentioned you are connecting to a wireless router, have you tried connecting to a non-wireless router to test? You can also try set the channels of your wireless router to

non-overlapping channels which can help improve the connection speed

Thanks

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Since i cannot use cable lan, i'm using usb tethering of my samsung phone to my desktop computer. Hence the usb adapter you see.

I tried the tcp offloading, no change. I've tried everything, it still disconnect/reconnect. I have this issue only with this computer.

I'm tired of this now. I'll simply buy a new network card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Thank you for taking the time to test. I thought you are connecting to a Huawei HG8245H router, if you have the chance you may try to change the channel of your wireless router to

non-overlapping channels to isolate the issue. thank you for your time on this matter.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

Please feel free to update me if you have tried changing the channels and the result.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No i'm done. I've bought another adapter and everything is working fine. Your adapter is faulty and there is nothing you can do about it. You can close this topic.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Wolfe,

I am sorry to hear that and thanks for the update.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
LSino
Beginner

Hi,

We finally have a solution.

It seems that there was a conflict between VTx and the NIC.

HP worked it out and sent a utility to repropram ROM (I suppose) and the disconections stopped.

Hope it helps everybody.

BR

Leonidas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Leondidas,

Thank you very much for sharing the solution. This is indeed a big help to other users.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
PEdst1
Beginner

I too have issues with Intel 1219-V NIC on my Lenovo L560.

It seems that large amount of network traffic, or some sort of traffic, causes the NIC to disconnect. Only reboot will make it connect again.

My PC worked fine until it either came back from repair, where the NIC was changed, or there have been an SW-update since then.

0 Kudos
MJara1
Beginner

who we can do that without cintacting Hp, Im not that advanced in pc, im just a gaming entusiast of Pc

0 Kudos
AFoor
Beginner

I'm getting this as well, just got a brand new PC. Tried old and new LAN drivers from both Intel's site and from gigabytes. Have tested my Ethernet connection to a laptop and it didn't disconnect once, so safe to say is not my ISP or my router or my Ethernet cable.

Windows 10 64bit

i7 6700

gtx 1070 8GB

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP

This is ridiculous.

KEgel
Beginner

I agree regarding the ridicule.

To add onto your experience, we are a medium sized organization with 500 users. None of our other desktops or laptops have experienced this issue. This issue started with the newest shipment of laptops we received a few months ago. We have been using HP laptops in the past without any issue until this new shipment that uses this model of on board network adapter. This issue is random and some laptops haven't failed yet while other laptops may go 2 weeks without a failure.

Considering this does not happen with any of the other model HP laptops, desktops or Lenovo laptops... we have come to the conclusion it must be the network adapter itself. the other model desktops and laptops we currently use that have no issue, do not use this model of onboard network adapter.

The network adapter model is the only difference we have found between the systems that work and the new laptops that exhibit this issue. Our model of NIC is a I219-LM indicating only a slight difference in implementation because they are integrated into mobile platforms which users lower power rather than a desktop.

This is causing us a huge upset in the department because we ordered and received a bulk order of laptops that have this model network adapter and we cannot use them. The few users we deployed these new laptops using this network adapter to are experiencing this problem. We stopped issuing them until we can figure it out and we currently have about 10 users who can only use our wireless network because of this issue.

We are beyond frustrated and Intel seems to be unresponsive. We will likely be contacting our HP representative and ask about returning over a few hundred laptops for a model that does not have this particular onboard network adapter in it.

0 Kudos