Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

Intel Ethernet controller I226-V

marcXpnd
Novice

dear all,

it seems like the newest Version 29.0 driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html) aren't supporting the Intel Ethernet controller I226-V even though this controller is listed in the valid products.

Has anyone the same issue or does anyone have a fix for it?

In Version 28.3 of the same driver packages the installation for i226-v went without problems.

Greetings,

Marc

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello MarcXpnd,

Good day!

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum.

Kindly share the system details that you are using to assist further.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello MarcXpnd,

Good day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we requested. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
marcXpnd
Novice
Hello,
Mainboard is the MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI.
another Intel employee already told me I should go and ask MSI for a solution cause the I226-V is an OEM product. I kind of disagree cause if the controller on its own has an issue, Intel should fix it and not every OEM out there but fine.
I got in contact with MSI and they said I should just use the Intel drivers for I226-V which I obviously can not use cause those drivers I mentioned above aren't compatible to the I226-V. They just informed me about every possible Workaround Intel is throwing out to "fix" the issue of random disconnects of the I226-V. Disabling EEE and Disabling IPv6. I am using both those Workarounds but I'm still waiting for an actual useful fix either from Intel's or MSI's side. Intel doesn't feel responsible cause its an OEM product, MSI says I should use the drivers from Intel which aren't officially supported by I226-V.
Funny situation all around.
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello Marc,

Thank you for sharing the information. We will check the details and will keep you posted.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
marcXpnd
Novice
0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello Marc,

Good day!

Kindly confirm if the Intel Ethernet controller I226-V is embedded with mainboard MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
marcXpnd
Novice
As I said above, the I226-V is an OEM product so yeah the controller is embedded
0 Kudos
vfleak
Beginner

Just got the Adaptor can't connect either 1226 T1?

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello Marc,

Good day!

Thank you for the confirmation. As informed previously by another intel employee, since if you purchased an OEM branded mainboard- MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI, we suggest you contact OEM (MSI) for a SW driver version that is compatible with your exact FW version. Using SW and FW versions that have not been validated to work together will affect performance, feature availability, and system stability.

Their expertise and resources may be instrumental in resolving the issue and ensuring the proper functioning of the Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V on MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI.

Thank you for understanding.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi 

0 Kudos