Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

Intel I225-T1 disconnecting on windows 11

AshleyD
Beginner

It looks like we have an issue with the Intel Network card I225-T1 supplied in the HP G9 i5 and G9 i7 Pc's

It looks like the card becomes disconnected, and can either get connected later or fail to reconnect.

Either way the card becoming disconnected is a significant issue for us

The windows event log as the following information

AshleyD_0-1698860785226.pngAshleyD_1-1698860802217.png

[Code 2684616731 (32-bits) is the same as -1610350565 (when extended to 64-bits). In hex this is 0xA004001B, and the 1B is the actual error code (27 decimal), meaning a network is disconnected].

The operating system is windows 11

The latest driver 28.2.1 is installed for the card

Once the card is disconnected a user can disable the network adapter and enable it again to bring it back to life.

This looks similar to the following post

Intel I225-V disconnecting in Windows 11 - Intel Community

Can anyone advise how to avoid the disconnection?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello AshleyD,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the Device Manager under Network Adapter to check if there are any error under the Intel Network card I225-T1

According to the previous post here:

Intel I225-V disconnecting in Windows 11 - Intel Community

Have you tried this steps:

1. Go to device manager

2. Check under network adapter I225-T1 if it shows a warning.

3. Right click and select properties - select Advanced tab - Select Speed and

Duplex in the left side property column.

4. Select Full Duplex (fastest option) or any desired option in the right hand drop

down menu but Do not select Auto Negotiation.

Else if above steps does not work, please try below steps:

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

To be done if still not working:

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AshleyD
Beginner

Thank you for your response

AshleyD_0-1699013902652.png

AshleyD_1-1699013922173.png

Not selecting the Auto Negotiation did not work unfortunately we still have the issues of disconnection, where we have to disable and enable the adapter to bring back to life.

Attached is the report generated from your support utility.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello AshleyD,

Thank you for your response. Please allow us some time to get back after reviewing the SSU logs.

May I know have you tried below steps?

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

Please let us know the outcome after you have tried it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AshleyD
Beginner

Hello Hayat,

Yes i can confirm we have followed the steps in the Clean Driver installation guide and then installed the drivers again.

And we have seen the disconnection issue after that process.

Please let me know if we can help any further as we are distributing these HP PC's with these cards and we are seeing issues at our customer sites.

Many thanks

Ashley

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hello AshleyD,

I wanted to confirm if you've try to deactivate the Energy Efficiency Ethernet settings on both the driver and router sides (if available)?

You can do that with the following steps:

1)Open Device Manager.

2)Double-click Network adapters.

3)Right-click the network adapter you want, and then click Properties.

4)On the Advanced tab, look for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) option and make the appropriate changes.

You can also try the following step to update the NVM for I225 NIC card.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Additionally, Could we also know you have tried to get in touch with the manufacturer (HP) for further support on the customized drivers, firmware for HP G9-i5 and G9-i7 

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
AshleyD
Beginner

Hello thanks for your reply,

We have deactivated the energy efficiency setting already.

I am struggling to find a firmware update for the I225-T1 card, the link provided was for a network adapter on the motherboard, this card is on the PCI express.  I am struggling to find out how we can update the NVM for the NIC card, are you able to provide further information on how to do that?

We have a support case with HP but so far they have been uninterested / unable to help, even though we are shipping  1000's of their pc's a year. There is a BIOS update we can try to update, all other drivers are up to date.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello AshleyD,

Thank you for your reply.

For I210-T1 EEupdate would be used to update the firmware.

This would require a Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA) requested from the Resource and Design Centre.

See below thread in Embedded Communities for further details:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004906ESSAY/obtaining-eeupdate-utility?language=en_US 

Embedded Communities would be the best place to ask if you have questions or issues specific to using the tool or updating the firmware. Below is the link to the embedded community.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Products/ct-p/embedded-products

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello AshleyD,

Regarding your thread, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello AshleyD,

This post is to inform you that the thread will be closed.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AshleyD
Beginner

Hello

I have requested  Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA)  this takes several days to get a confirmation from Intel (i have not received a confirmation yet).

Once i have the confirmation i can then try and get the firmware and install it

Please do not not close the case as currently i do not have a solution

Many thanks

0 Kudos