Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network device issues

idata
Employee

Dear.

I have recently bought the new sandy bridge core i5 machine and been trying to install Win SBS 2008, but during the process, it asked me for the driver for the ethernet adaptor. I cannot find any whatever online or the driver CD. Can anyone help me to locate a Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver for Win SBS 2008 please?

Thanks a lot

Larry

59 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Larry,

The Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection does not have drivers for any Windows Server operating system. I know this does not help you, but for anyone else looking at this discussion, the The Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection does have drivers for Windows Server operating systems.

Mark H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mark

Thanks for help.

That is too bad, that is the reason why I bought this machine.

If I add another PCI ethernet adaptor, should it work? Any other issues due to the sandy bridge?

Thanks a lot

Larry

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Absolutely, you could add in an Ethernet adapter. All of the adapters listed at http://www.intel.com/go/ethernet www.intel.com/go/ethernet have driver support for Windows Server 2008. If you have an available PCI Express (aka PCIe) slot, I would go with the one of the newer adapters that uses that technology.

If you only need one Ethernet port, the http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/adapters/gigabit-ct/gigabit-ct-overview.htm Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter works well as an entry-level server adapter.

Were you able to find drivers for the other devices on your system? Sometimes you cannot find Windows Server drivers for devices in a system that was designed as a client system. A small server system is usually a better choice for running a server OS since the system would be designed to be a server. However, if you can find drivers for all the devices, then the server OS should work on your system.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Ethernet adapters.

Mark H

0 Kudos
aline
Beginner

hi sir

please help me i recently updated my pc to windows 8.1 pro 32 bit and i have intel DH61ww mother board when i turn on my pc after a long sleep i cant connect to the internet it shows the error that " intel(R)LM 82579 gigabit " network connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

but when i open manage from my pc and in device manager manually select network adapters there it shows

" intel(r) 82579V gigabit" network connection adapter when i check for updates it shows it s already updated

this network connection problem will be fixed when just restart the system but if i shutdown my pc and turn it on after 1 or 2 hours the same problem will appear again in order to get internet access i needed to restart the pc in every time help me plaease SIR

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same issue here with Intel DH61CR mainboard. Updated to the newest available firmware, newest drivers (Win7x86). I can see L1 activity as it signals the connected cabling. Even wants to get IP address from DHCP but can't. No connectivity with static IP too. The network is very simple - there's only unmanaged switch.

I gave up and put plain old Realtek 8139 NIC. Although I wanted feature-rich Intel card, I couldn't. Can't send the MB to RMA as the PC is constantly used.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If You Still Want The Driver, I Can Upload It For You.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That would be great dude, have you tested it? Drop an email to notify me thx: mailto:manglai658@hotmail.com manglai658@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have same problem, Please also send the driver to my email to, Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

can u send me the driver or web address of the driver.

my email id is mailto:viruthyam.gds@gmail.com viruthyam.gds@gmail.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sushobhan,

can you please share the drive setup, That would be great solution from your side,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

really could use the driver please share?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please send me the link for the drivers asap, I am stuck with a classroom of 20 machines which have the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network and I need to instal server 2008 R2 on each of them for a class, getting budget approval for new lan cards is a issue and the program might end before I get approval.

Thanks in Advance.

Srinivasan Anandan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please send me the link for the drivers asap, I am stuck with a classroom of 20 machines which have the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network and I need to instal server 2008 R2

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi sushoban

recently i bought a dh77kc board, and i installed win server 208 r2 enterprise. when i was trying to install lan drivers it is showing the error : can you please help me. and i downloaded drivers from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18720&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20Server%202008%20Enterprise%20x64*&DownloadType=Drivers Download Center

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If your BIOS version is 104, consider updating to v.105.

With BIOS v. 104 the ethernet device of my DH77KC was disabled. With BIOS v. 105 it was re-enabled. It's not mentioned in the v. 105 Release Notes, but seems to be the case nonetheless.

0 Kudos
FGrun
Beginner

Yes it works for windows server 2012.. Just did it.

Edit e1c63x64 setup information.

With windows server 2012, you need to disable digital driver signature checking..

That's described here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/how-to-install-a-driver-that-does-not-contain/7c3f299b-3483-4c96-8c44-87c7451af222 How to install a driver that does not contain digital signature - Microsoft Community

0 Kudos
VMcKa
Beginner

Created this account purely to say thank you so much! Been working on this all weekend.

Vicky

0 Kudos
JMacD2
Beginner

I got the driver installed but still can not connect to the internet. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Could you send me the drivers? Thanks

mailto:mauroeloy_03@hotmail.com mauroeloy_03@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please send the drivers to this address mailto:nonreply2010@gmail.com nonreply2010@gmail.com... will be very helpful...

0 Kudos