Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN connectivity issues.

idata
Employee

Good afternoon,

I am currently having some issues connecting to any wireless network with my Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN. I have tried running the troubleshooter and it comes up with no issues. I have uninstalled the software for the chip and reinstalled it. There are times that I come across limited connectivity and that is the best it can perform. I am currently using Windows 8 64-bit, and the problem has only just occurred in the past couple days. Any help or solutions would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks, Brett Westlund.

- States that the device is working properly.

- I have the latest driver installed

- I have done all three troubleshooters with no issues stated.

- I have run restarts on the adapter and the computer as well.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Brett Westlund,

I would like to have the wireless driver version and any other that you had tested in the past if possible, and if you have tested unsecure wireless networks, have you tested any other Operating System? Did you always have this problem from the begging?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I am currently using driver: 15.3.50.2. This is the one I have been using since I have updated to Windows 8. Previously, the network card had been working great with no problems, until a few weeks ago. I am currently testing it on my secured internet. No other devices around the household have been experiencing any issues with communicating with the router. For other OS's, I do not have any other ones on my computer currently.

Thanks, Brett

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Brett,

something you can try if you haven't already, is to uninstall not only the Intel(R) PROSet wireless/WiFi software, but also the actual driver for it, the drivers you would uninstall from device manager, (open the Windows 8 side bar, click on search and type device manager) do not restart after the uninstall, load the drivers you downloaded earlier, connect to your network, you will need to allow it a moment and select home work or public to gain Internet access.

0 Kudos