Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4888 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Contoller I226-V connection drop for a few seconds

OMR
Beginner

Hello, 

I've been reading a lot on the matter of l226-v controller. I can't say I'm pleased with my purchase right now. 

Specs : 

• Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z790 PRO
• RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s
• BIOS: 1645 (latest available)
• CPU: Intel I7-14700KF
• Cable Modem: Freebox Revolution (https://www.free.fr/freebox/freebox-revolution-light/)
• Network Switch: Freebox Switch (https://www.free.fr/freebox/freebox-revolution-light/)
• I226 LAN driver version: 2.1.3.3
• Issue Reproduction Steps: nothing to. The NIC loses connection every few minutes / hours
• OS: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit fully updated as of (04.05.2024)

I've tried many things but can't get a decent working product.

You proposed to deal with this malfunction by downgrading drivers to NVM Update Package 2.22 & Windows 11 Client Intel - Net - 2.1.3.15. Is it still the way to deal with it or have you found a way to properly use your products. 

It's not to late for me to return my CPU et MoBo and go to AMD... 

Thanks for letting me know if I made the good hardware choice.

OMR.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello OMR,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please share the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1. When was the issue first encountered?

2. Do you lose connection even when doing nothing on your PC or by just browsing the internet?

3. Please share the link where you downloaded the drivers that you have tested. 

4. Have you tried using the driver provided by your manufacturer? For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

We look forward to your reply. 

Best regards,

Vijay N

Intel® Customer Support.

0 Kudos
OMR
Beginner

Hello,

1. When was the issue first encountered?

Since the beginning. I bought a new hardware not long ago (about 2 weeks). I've had the problem since

2. Do you lose connection even when doing nothing on your PC or by just browsing the internet?

I lose connection for no reason, on different stimuli.

3 and 4. Please share the link where you downloaded the drivers that you have tested. 

I've tested the official drivers from the ASUS manufacturer. Via the armoury crate app. (their download center). It was worse.

The last drivers (2.1.4.2) I tried tends to be more stable (coming from intel official website) but I still have those events :

Log Name: System
Source: e2fnexpress
Date: 4/8/2024 7:08:37 PM
Event ID: 27
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: OPC
Description:
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V
Network link is disconnected.

And then : 

Log Name: System
Source: e2fnexpress
Date: 4/7/2024 11:18:30 PM
Event ID: 32
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: OPC
Description:
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V
Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex.

Thanks for your consideration,

O.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello OMR,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We recommend reaching out directly to Asus for further assistance, as our engineers have diligently communicated your concerns to them. If you find the support from Asus unsatisfactory, we encourage you to escalate the matter to the support manager of ASUS in your region.

This thread will be marked as closed, and it will no longer be monitored. For any new concerns, please open a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Vijay n.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello OMR,

Thank you for the details provided.

We will check it and get back to you with an update at the earliest.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos