Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4918 Discussions

Intel(r) Ethernet controller (3) I225-V and ethernet not working

Tyler6
Beginner

So I had recently built a new pc and once I got it all setup with installing all the drivers and such, I go plug in the ethernet cord and there is no connection. I go to the device manager and it says that Intel(r) Ethernet controller (3) I225-V is working properly but in events it says *attached file*. I really have no clue how to fix this issue. Please feel free to ask any further questions and I can try to answer them tot he best of my ability.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

Check Network Cable: Ensure that the network cable is securely plugged into both your computer and the network port or router. A loose or damaged cable can cause connectivity issues.

Restart Your Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve network problems. Reboot your computer to refresh network settings.

Check Network Adapter: Verify that your network adapter is enabled. Go to "Control Panel" > "Network and Sharing Center" > "Change adapter settings" and ensure that the network adapter is enabled.

Router/Modem Check: Restart your router or modem. Unplug the power source, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This can resolve issues on the router's end.

Confirm that the router is functioning correctly. Check for any error lights or messages on the router.

Network Troubleshooter: Use the built-in network troubleshooter in your operating system. It can diagnose and automatically resolve common network issues.

Hardware Check: Test your network card on another computer if possible, to rule out hardware problems.

Note: Kindly share the LED status of the NIC.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Tyler6
Beginner

I have tried everything. What is the "LED status of the NIC"? Thanks

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings!!

Regarding your case, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this post to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Thank You.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Tyler6
Beginner

I have tried everything. What is the "LED status of the NIC"? Thanks

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings!!

What is the "LED status of the NIC" ?

The "LED status of the NIC" refers to the color of the light emitted by the LED indicators on a Network Interface Card (NIC), which can typically be green or amber, depending on the NIC's status.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Tyler6
Beginner

So I had plugged in my working ethernet cord and on the motherboard back panel, there is no light indicating connection but on my router, next to the ethernet spot where I had plugged in the other end of the cable, there is a blinking red light. I tried disabling and re enabling the adapter and that didn't change anything.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings for the day!

We are checking on this issue and will get back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Tyler6
Beginner

Hey just checking up to see if y'all found a potential solution?

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings!

Network Issues with Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V please follow below trouble shooting steps :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
likjdfgjkdf
Beginner

Hey, so... You folks have an expired certificate in the complete driver pack located here, and it's causing issues with driver installation:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/184676/intel-ethernet-controller-i225v/downloads.html

I'm not sure if any other drivers in the pack are affected, but the I225-V driver most definitely is.  Just out of curiosity, why are you folks generating certs that only last a year?

Image 320.pngImage 321.png

0 Kudos
Tyler6
Beginner

I have tried everything suggested. This is what it says in the command prompt when I attempt to download my motherboards lan drivers. 

0 Kudos
likjdfgjkdf
Beginner

The driver certificate is expired, and Windows is puking it out.  Intel needs to update their driver pack, and hopefully start using signing certs that last a little longer than 1 year.  There's very little additional security benefit to having short validity periods like this.  Generate the strongest cert possible, and give it at least 5 years to breathe.  The Sectigo CA root and intermediate certs in this certificate chain are valid for 10 years.   Why make things harder than they need to be?

0 Kudos
GarethTheNerd
Beginner

Exact same issue with the same ethernet driver. Managed to install an old one from the OEM for now but it's buggy. Please sort this out Intel. This isn't a good look

0 Kudos
GarethTheNerd
Beginner
To be clear when I say the same issue, I mean the certificate for the driver has expired
0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings!

Please loging into Embedded Community for certificate issue:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings for the day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Tyler6,

Greetings for the day!

We have not received a reply from you , and as such, we will be closing your case.

If you want to continue support, please reply to this email and we will reopen your case or create a new one so that we can continue to support you.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
Dominiek
Beginner

Hello,

Please reopen this case.

I do have the same issue.

the driver's certificate is out of date for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V Windows 10 driver on my MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk motherboard.

The expired certificate information is shown in the Windows device manager.

I installed the intel Release_29.0 driver kit.

The controller is in the device manager but it is not functioning.

Plkease use another signing certificate.

I'm working over WIFI to upgrade my system to W11 but frankly speaking it's a poor man's solution which should not lasrt long.

0 Kudos
Lincoln_Vincent
Beginner

I too have run into this issue with my own MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk. I've done the weirdest things with the drivers and it still won't budge. I hope a fix is released soon because running over Wifi only gets you this far.

Tomorrow I will open a ticket on my own to solve this problem.

Sincerely,

Lincoln_Vincent

0 Kudos