Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Is it possible to show the PXE boot in a different language like Spanish? This would help with PXE error messages without having to translate. Thanks

CRock9
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Whether this is possible is dependent upon the capabilities of the motherboard's BIOS. Since you didn't mention what motherboard you have, it is impossible for me to answer this question. You really need to be asking this of the motherboard manufacturer.

...S

0 Kudos
CRock9
Beginner

Ah, OK. I was thinking that at first too, but I changed the BIOS language and the PXE startup is still in English.

The one I'm testing is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 with embedded NIC on board.

If it's not some firmware I need to install on the Intel chip and just exist through BIOS language setting, that will work. I'll try a few other different devices to see if that works.

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I will check with my BIOS buddies on this. I believe that, typically, the PXE firmware is packaged with the BIOS and thus Lenovo should have the ability to include it in their localization efforts. You should ask them about this as well.

...S

0 Kudos
CRock9
Beginner

Excellent, thank you.

I appreciate that. There isn't really any info I can find about alternate language PXE screens with some Google searching.

I had a user whose native language is Spanish. They sent a pic of the PXE screen with the error "Media test failure, check cable" and then asked me what I through the problem could be. I laughed then realized not everyone reads English. So, I hoped this was just a setting or firmware we could change to make it more user friendly for them.

Thanks again for the help.

Chuck

0 Kudos