Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4965 Discussions

Legacy Intel lan driver

fortis
Beginner

I have an older Gigabyte mobo Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2. The only lan driver I could find was "Bigfoot Killer Ethernet Controller" (Bigfoot Killer E2100 chip)
for Win XP 64 on Giga site: "mb_driver_lan_bigfoot.exe" 74.404 GB (2012). https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/G1Assassin-2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-lan

The problem: when I do large file transfer from PC over lan (over 2 GB), network goes down and must reboot to recover the lan.
Can you direct me to an Intel Bigfoot legacy driver that would work with Windows 10?

I need a recommendation and url for an Intel legacy lan driver that would work with Windows 10 and with Bigfoot Killer E2100 chip.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi fortis,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding your inquiry, we recommend you to check the link below for list of Intel® Killer™ Windows 10 driver compatible model.

Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

We also recommend you to contact and get a consult from OEM regarding suitable driver, which is Gigabyte itself. As your system manufacturer may have pre-installed the driver on your system to enable OEM-specific features. Which means their drivers may have been bit optimized or customized to be used with your system.

Best regards,

Fariz_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi fortis,

If you have additional questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

We will contact you again within 3 business day for a follow-up. Looking forward to receiving your reply. Thanks.

Best regards,

Fariz_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi fortis,

Since we have not seen an update for several days, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Fariz_Intel

0 Kudos