Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4942 Discussions

Low DMA speeds with i210

OwenG05
Beginner

My project requires high DMA speeds even when the device is down with no connections. Right now I have tried and got around 20-30MB/s or read fails. This is not enough, and with another card I was getting about 200MB/s. Is there anywhere in the driver source code that could be limiting/blocking the DMA reads that is controlled by the device's memory mapped space? I have looked so far and have only found logic that controls DMA while the device is active with a connection.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OwenG05,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding this issue, may we know what system that you are currently using together?

Also, can you share the SSU logs for us to analyze further. You may refer below for the steps on how to get the SSU logs:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OwenG05,

Good day.

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi OwenG05,

Good day.

This is regarding your enquiry above.

Since we have not seen an update, we will be closing this forum case from our end. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos