Hello everyone, 

My organization has been running Windows updates, getting workstations from:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

OS Build 18362.900

To

Windows 10 Pro 20H2

OS Build 19042.1568

We have two workstations out of 10 that have received the latest update, which in turn broke Teaming. 

These workstations are, "HP Z840 Workstation"

Each workstation has the same two NICs: I210 & I218-LM

The other 8 workstations are still on Windows 10 Pro version 1903, OS Build 18362.900.

We cannot move forward with updating these machines as we know that NIC Teaming will break. However, this is a security risk we also cannot afford. 

I need assistance or the step by step guide on how to get NIC Teaming back up and running on these two workstations with the latest Windows update.

Reversing the update is not optional. Updating the OS on our workstations in the future will continue, including upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. 

I do hope that moving forward Intel doesn't submit us to these limitations. 

Note: I have downloaded the latest driver pack from Intel, but have not attempted installation just yet. I will try to find the step by step guide on the installation process for this. 

Edit: One of the two workstations has been updated to 22H2, I'm hoping the driver pack v29 resolves the NIC Teaming issue on this workstation as well. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GMon
Novice

Also, as a back up plan, I'd like to have a copy of Intel® Network Connections Software 24.3.0.6.

Does Intel not keep an archive of older drivers? I want to have a backup copy of 24.3.0.6 incase there's any problems post installation of v29.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi GMon,

Greeting for the Day!

I hope you are doing well. Could you please share a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, please let us know if this product was purchased separately or if it was shipped with the HP Z840 Workstation.

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi GMon,

Greeting for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel.

0 Kudos
GMon
Novice

Hello, 

This thread can be closed. The latest driver set v29 allows us to NIC Team on Windows 10 Pro 22H2. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi GMon,

Greeting for the Day!

Thank you so much for providing the details. If you have any more questions or need assistance in the future, feel free to start a new thread. For now, we will close the case. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi GMon,

Greeting for the Day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi GMon,

Greeting for the Day!

This is the third follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're committed to ensuring a swift resolution and would greatly appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

If we don't hear back from you soon, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and will proceed to close the case.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos