Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4967 Discussions

Vlan creation intel 1219-v

pasha-19
Beginner

I have found 2 sets of instructions to use power shell in admin mode both start with the powershell command "Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets'" and generate the following results.  I there a better way to do this?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets'
Import-Module : The specified module 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets' was not
loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.
At line:1 char:1
+ Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNet ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Program File...IntelNetCmdlets:String) [Import-Module], FileNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pasha-19
Beginner
It is possible I need to install some software first.  Intel Proset software is mentioned there are two versions an old one and a new one with an ACU suffix I can find neither as downloads only as hyperlinked references.  I am on the current version of Windows 10 pro in most cases with a single home pc.  I have found this 

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

There are wired drivers and wired proset drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit windows.  My guess might be merging everything together and selecting words here and there sole;y because they match that the wired-proset set of drivers for 64 bit may be where I should start.

Is this part of the answer?
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Pasha-19, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The Teaming and VLAN features in PROSet for Windows device manager have been removed, as Windows 10 pro and later no longer supports this function. Please use PowerShell to create VLAN. To create a VLAN in PowerShell use the following: 1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator. 2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets" 3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter. 4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of VLAN. When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output. The PowerShell commands for Intel PROSet are described in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-i-o.html You may visit this link for the Intel® Ethernet SW 23.5 Release Information https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031823/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

David Benedict

0 Kudos
pasha-19
Beginner

This seems to bring us full circle back to my original question.  I believe I tried that with what I interpreted to be erroneout results.

I have found 2 sets of instructions to use power shell in admin mode both start with the powershell command "Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets'" and generate the following results.  I there a better way to do this?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets'
Import-Module : The specified module 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets' was not
+ Import-Module -Name 'C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNet ...
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (C:\Program File...IntelNetCmdlets:String) [Import-Module], FileNot
FoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Your command uses double quotes the one I found had single quotes the results are the same.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"
+ Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNet ...
FoundException

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Pasha-19, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Creating VLANS with PROSet/ANS is supported on Windows 10. This is no longer supported on Windows 11 and later (the Powershell cmdlets will not be there either). Powershell is not required to do this, you can use the ACU. Where was this incorrect information obtained? You do not need to install the Intel drivers (it won't work with the Microsoft drivers) and install PROSet. Both can be found here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html Or you can download the complete driver pack. Thank you for using Intel products and services. Best Regards, David Benedict

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Good Day pasha-19,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We would be grateful if you could provide us some information as per below if available.

• I219-V driver version:

• Windows 11 build version:

• CPU:

In the meantime, we believe that it will be worth for you to check on the other similar case post in the Intel Communities as per link below:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Creating-Vlans-with-the-ProSet-utility-in-windows-11-not-working/m-p/1306141

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello pasha-19,

We are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended or if you have further questions or clarifications regarding this case.

Else if none, we will proceed to close the thread.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel. Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Looking forward on receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
pasha-19
Beginner
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello pasha-19,

This message is to inform you about the thread closure.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly submit a new thread should you need further assistance. We will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Best Regards,

Hayat

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos