Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 토론

X710 Custom Configuration

HLove
초보자
610 조회수

Hi, 

How can I build a custom configuration for the X710? 

In the NVM Update tool folder, there are a lot of binaries for different operations. If I want to have something different, or even work out what each binary does, how do I go about this? 

Many thanks,

Henry 

0 포인트
15 응답
Sachinks
직원
549 조회수

Hello HLove,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

We see that you wish to know about custom configuration for the X710.

Can you confirm the purpose for which you wish to build a custom configuration for the X710 and provide more details on that?

Also, may I ask you to share the system/server details in which you are using the ethernet card?

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
519 조회수

Hi Sachin, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I want to interface this device directly to an FPGA, and ideally to use the 10Gbps SFI interface. 

The device will be used in both Windows and Linux systems. I am currently trying to use the latest drivers available (v29). 

Many thanks,

Henry 

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
512 조회수

Hello HLove,

Good day!

Thank you for the details. Since you wish to use this device with FPGA, we request you to post your query in our FPGA community page.

FPGA community : https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA/ct-p/fpga

Since they have the expertise regarding this, they will be able to assist you with this.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
478 조회수

Hi,

My issue isn't with the FPGA side, though, it is the configuration of this device. 

I also need to be able to configure this device as a dual 10Gbps SFI interface to an SFP+ module. Can you help me do this, at least?

If I want to change the config to be 1Gbps, how do I do this?  

Many thanks,

Henry 

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
472 조회수

Hello HLove,

Thank you for the details.

Can you confirm the full model name of the X710 ethernet card you are using? This will help us to get the next plan of action regarding this.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
454 조회수

Hi Sachin, 

I have an Intel X710-DA2. 

Thanks,

Henry 

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
449 조회수

Hello HLove,

Thank you for the confirmation. We will check this and get back to you with an update at the earliest.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
408 조회수

Hello HLove,

Greetings!

We have checked the details regarding X710-DA2 adapter and it only supports : 

X710 adapters with SFP+ connections support 10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR and SFP+ Direct Attach Copper(DAC) physical media.  This cannot be changed unfortunately. 

You can check these details in the below article :

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/641693

As for the SFI, you can go with one of our SFI supported cards. The SFI supported cards will have SFI mentioned in the ''interfaces supported'' section.

For example : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/82944/intel-ethernet-controller-x710-am2.html

You can also refer to our X710 data sheet to know more about the configuration.

Data sheet link : https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getcontent/332464

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
377 조회수

Hi Sachin,

The underlying IC does support SFI (among other things) according to the datasheet.

HLove_0-1715171377191.png

I would like to be able to enable this to use SFI SFP+ modules on a custom board. 

Please can you tell me how I can generate a config for an OEM board with the X710 on it? 

Henry 

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
366 조회수

Hello HLove,

Thank you for the update.

As you are trying to customize the X710-DA2 card on a OEM board, I would request you to check this with the OEM itself as it depends on the board configuration.

Unfortunately from our end, we don't support custom configuration on an OEM board.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
333 조회수

Hi Sachin, 

I am the OEM. Can you advise me how I can get the support that I need to do this? 

Henry 

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
312 조회수

Hello Henry,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we don't provide support for custom configuration on an OEM board from our end.

Since this is related to customer configuration, you can try posting your query in our embedded community forum.

You can use the below link to access the embedded community page :

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
HLove
초보자
280 조회수

Hi Sachin,

I do not understand. Seemingly every post I make is met with "we can't help" or "you've posted in the wrong place" which is reasonably frustrating. 

I am yet to receive any actual help or advice with this IC on this forum and now have to start the process again after 5 days of posting to this thread. 

I have now posted to the link you have provided - X710 Custom Configuration - Intel Community 

Henry

0 포인트
Sachinks
직원
278 조회수

Hello HLove,

Good day!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, however since this is related to custom configuration on an OEM board, we don't provide support for this from our end.

Since you have posted this in embedded community forum, we can wait for a response from their end.

Regards,

Sachin KS

0 포인트
CarlosAM_INTEL
중재자
257 조회수

Hello,  @Sachinks:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We need to clarify that this forum is not related to an Embedded Platform.

Due to this, the customer request is out of our scope of support.

Please consider this information when you provide the previous suggestion, or transfer any forums to the channel that you mentioned in your previous communication.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 포인트
응답