Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4894 Discussions

XL710-QDA1 lost after NVM upgrade

J_Tay
Beginner

We've recently upgraded the OS on a host with a XL710-QDA1 card, and the newer i40e driver started complaining about the NIC firmware being too old. We downloaded the latest NVM update tool from intel.com (9.30) and after flashing the card, the driver started complaining about:

[ 421.125559] i40e 0000:01:00.0: PF reset failed: -15
[ 421.125567] i40e 0000:01:00.0: Entering recovery mode due to repeated FW resets. This may take several minutes. Refer to the Intel(R) Ethernet Adapters and Devices User Guide.
[ 421.125727] i40e: probe of 0000:01:00.0 failed with error -15

and the interfaces have disappeared. Running nvmupdate64e gives "Access error"

02) Intel(R) Ethernet Converged n/a(n/a) 1583 00:001 Access error Network Adapter XL710-Q1

The card has a PBA of H57400-003, MAC 6805CA357258 and has a yottamark sticker at the back which passes validation

How can we restore the card to functioning state?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greeting J Tay,

Thank you contacting Intel Customer Support.

We understand you have faced the issue with Ethernet Adapter 700m Series.

Could you please provide us SSU logs follow the link below:

How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hello J Tay,

Regarding your case we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Srri

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Hello J Tay,

Regarding your case, we are following up 2nd time to find out if you were able to complete the actions we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Hello J Tay,

Kindly note that as we have not received any response from our previous follow-ups, we will be closing this request.

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos