Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

cant update firmware of intel ethernet converged network adapter x710

AB-Rahman
Beginner

I have a Intel x710 card on which I need to have a specific version of drivers and Firmware. I updated drivers successfully but was unable to update the firmware. Below are the details

#lshw -class network

*-network:0
description: Ethernet interface
product: Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:0b:00.0
logical name: ens192f0
version: 02
serial: f8:f2:1e:58:01:30
size: 10Gbit/s
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi msix pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical fibre autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=off broadcast=yes driver=i40e driverversion=2.10.19.82 duplex=full firmware=6.00 0x80003a22 18.3.6 latency=64 link=yes multicast=yes port=fibre speed=10Gbit/s
resources: irq:19 memory:e6000000-e6ffffff memory:e7af8000-e7afffff
*-network:1
description: Ethernet interface
product: Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 0.1
bus info: pci@0000:0b:00.1
logical name: ens192f1
version: 02
serial: f8:f2:1e:58:01:31
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi msix pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=off broadcast=yes driver=i40e driverversion=2.10.19.82 firmware=6.00 0x80003a22 18.3.6 latency=64 link=no multicast=yes
resources: irq:19 memory:e5000000-e5ffffff memory:e7af0000-e7af7fff

Require your experties in this regard,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AB-Rahman,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to update firmware of your Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710. For us to help you check the issue, kindly provide the following information. 

1. You mentioned 'I have a Intel x710 card on which I need to have a specific version of drivers and Firmware.' Can you share the specific version of driver and Firmware that you wish to install? We would highly appreciate if you can share the download link on this thread.

2. What is the exact error/issue that you encountered when trying to update the Firmware. 

3. Operating System used

4. Current Firmware and driver version of the card. 

5. Please share the PBA of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. It consist of 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number. This would help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter.

Identify Your Intel® Network Adapter Model Using PBA Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

6. Is this a newly purchased card? If no, for how long is it working fine?

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AB-Rahman,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you read our previous message. If yes, please confirm and provide the information requested for us to proceed checking your query. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AB-Rahman,

How are you doing?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing week ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos