Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4888 Discussions

i210-T1 disconnect after boot, and weak up after hibernation (e1rexpress, ID 27)

jensr
Beginner

I have had a 10Gtek pci-e nic with an intel i210-t1 chipset for a few days. after every system start, and whenever the pc is booted up from hibernation, i get the error mentioned above in the event log. the pc loses the internet connection for a few seconds.

Operating system: Windows 11

Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming m5

Driver version: 13.0.16.0 (07/11/2023)

I have already tried to switch to a previous driver version, but the problem persists.

For information; I switched to the Intel card because I had diffuse lags and disconnections when gaming with my onboard chipset Killer E2500 (I assumed that the driver might not be compatible with Windows 11, but I didn't get any messages in the event manager, ping commands also showed no abnormalities. However, there were lags both in the game and in discord. I have not had these errors since switching to the intel pci-e lan card).

Does anyone have an idea what the current error could be?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi @jensr,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Kindly provide the following information for us to check on your query.

1.) System Support Utility(SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. This would also help us identify if you are using an OEM or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 and download the software.

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

2.) We need your help to share the markings on front and back of the 10Gtek pci-e nic with an intel i210-t1 chipset.

3.) Can you please share with us the following from the system:

1. Memory dump after the issue reproduced (see instruction below)

2. Collect event viewer log (see instruction below)

3. What is the link partner (switch/mode,/router) being used (company and model), it might be that the issue related to interoperability with specific devices.

After the above information is collected, our next step will be to collect a driver log during the failure. Instructions on how to do this will be forthcoming.

Memory dump:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump

- Follow the manually generate memory dump file 

- After restart MEMORY.DMP will be found in C:\Windows\memory.dmp

Event viewer: In event viewer choose Windows Logs > System > Save All Event As and save the file

Looking forward to your response. Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
jensr
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, here are the requested informations. I renamed the eventlog from ".evtx" to ".txt" to upload it, but it gets removed.

In the Eventlog you could see the "e1rexpress" warnings. No .dmp was created, for it is no error I guess?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @jensr,

Thank you for the log file. As per checking, the 10Gtek pci-e nic with an intel i210-t1 chipset looks like from HPI (Intel® Eth Server Adapter I210-T1 for HP).

You can also try to disable or change the values for mentioned property with the following steps to test:

a. Open Device Manager.

b. Double-click Network adapter: Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection

c. Click on the "Advanced" tab, change values for following property-

- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) to "Off"

- Ultra Low Power Mode to "Disabled"

- Flow control to "Disabled"

- Speed & Duplex to "Auto Negotiation"

- Wake on magic packet

d. "Uncheck" Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power on advanced properties (try to check if you have the option for Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection, example as below)

B_Y_1-1692008284269.png

e. Please check at bios settings whether the Resume by PCI-E Device is "Enabled" and "Disabled"

B_Y_0-1692008218134.png

Please let us know if the issue still persist?

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @jensr,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @jensr,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos