Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

i210 can't generate the 1PPS pulse when it become the ptp slave

waleslai
Beginner

Hi All

I try to run linnxptp with i210 NIC card, by tutorial, I already modify igb Linux driver source code to generate 1PPS at SDP 0 pin, however, when I run it for IEEE 1588 test, the i210 as master of IEEE 1588, by Scope, we can find the PPS is stable at every 1 second. But if it be the slave of IEEE 1588, the PPS disappear and never show again

After much test and check the driver code, we sure the PPS can't generate when it's become the slave of IEEE 1588, we don' understand why?

===================

System information

Linuxptp(The Linux PTP Project  ) 2.0, we try to using the latest version, still same

igb source version: 5.4.16

*figure show we modify part

If have any information need us provide, we will post it later

Thanks every one who give us help

BR

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi waleslai,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding your issue, we are currently checking on it and give get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi waleswai,

Good day.

Regarding your enquiries above, we have a documentation related to your enquiries that is available in Intel Research & Documentation Center (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/resources-documentation/developer.html#gs.8l8k06)

You may want to refer to below link :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/content-details/635237/intel-ethernet-ieee-1588-and-synce-application-note.html?wapkw=631173&DocID=635237

However, this document is confidential and requires NDA to access. You may use your own NDA to access it, or if you dont have it, we may need to create one. Please provide below details:

Company Name:

Main Contact (Name of the person who is asking for confidential information):

Contact Position or Job Title:

Main Contact Phone Number:

Main Contact Email:

Physical Address:

NDA Number (if customer has signed an NDA previously).

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
waleslai
Beginner

Hi Sazirah,

Good day.

Thank you for the information. I will discuss the NDA requirement with my team member.

Additionally, if we decide to sign the NDA, could you provide contact person or an email address for us to know the NDA apply progress?

Regards,

Waleslai

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi waleswai,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are interested with the NDA creation, you may provide those required details and I will initiate the creation from my end.

Additionally, you may want to refer to link below related to this,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hello waleslai,

We have sent follow up email if you'd like to proceed NDA

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
waleslai
Beginner

Hi Sazirah and Irwan_Intel

It's been a great help

We already received the mail from Intel Customer Support,

when we ready, we will send the mail to start the sign the NDA

Regards,

Walealai

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hello waleslai,

Thanks. Just reach out to us and provides the details as requested. We're here to assist you every step of the way

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos