Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4974 Discussions

"Interrupt Status Failed" and "The adapter is configured to force the speed to a low speed" I219-V

Zborek
Beginner

Hello,
I just tested my ethernet with Intel PROset Adapter Configuration Utility 26.2.0.1 and there is one error (Interrupt Status :Failed) and one thing that i want to change but dont know how (The adapter is configured to force the speed to a low speed.) I am using msi z390 gaming plus. Ethernet in one room is 30mbs and in other 4mbs (speedtest on steam). Does anybody know what to do in that situation?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Zborek,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Since you are using the Intel Ethernet I219-V which is prebuilt with MSI-Z390. Kindly contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) - MSI for further information on this.

The OEM usually have a different configuration or version with the drivers. Please check below link for the latest driver:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z390-A-PRO/support#driver

May I know if you are using the latest version of Intel Pro Set Utility? Else if no, please try to update to the latest version and check if you are still facing the same issue.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Supprt

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner

Hello,
I yesterday updated the drivers from msi site for my mobo, that's why I found this error. One more funny thing is that this app shows that my ethernet cable is 255m long when it is 2m from router and about 10 from main one.
Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Zborek,

May I know if you have contacted the OEM - MSI for the issue?

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
Hello,
I didn't, I'll do it right now.
Regards
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Zborek,

Kindly update us with the feedback provided by MSI here as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
After a short conversation they recommend to change ethernet cable, so as soon as i will get home i will try doing it.
0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
Hello,
Guess what happened? Replaced cable and nothing happened, even tried to change rooms. Nothing helped. Now I dont know what to do.
Have a good day
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Zborek,

May I know if you had informed the OEM about this?

Kindly check on Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V Connection Issue. Please install the driver from the OEM instead of Intel Site drivers.

Kindly let us know the update.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
Hello,
Yes I contacted MSI, they suggested to change the cable.
I recently updated lan drivers from OEM. I'll uninstall them and do a clean install.
Regards
0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
Done what i had to do but everything is still the same. Maybe some program was blocking. Started pc in safe mode with Ethernet and still the same. This may be broken port, but not in pc and laptop. I don't know what is going on. On amd it is 30mbs but on two intel devices steam speed is only 4mbs
0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hello Zborek,

Could you please try manually setting "Speed & Duplex" to "1Gbps Full Duplex" in Ethernet Controller's "Properties" => "Advanced"-tab, clicking "OK", AND then unplugging the cable, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner
Hello,
Sorry for responding that late but i just forgot about it. Tested it just a moment ago, in 1gbps full duplex it doesn't work. Just there is no connection, disconnecting and connecting again does nothing. I thing i will just leave it just as it is. Msi support gave up too.
Have a nice week and thanks for help!
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Zborek,

We are sorry to hear that.

We would like you to please check the link below for a very similar case which might help you.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-R-Ethernet-Connection-12-I219-V-disconnects-randomly/td-p/1483062

Kindly check and update us on this. We will keep this thread open for the next 3 days to wait for your update on this. Else if no replies, we will proceed to close the thread.

Please check and let us know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zborek
Beginner

Hello,
Tried doing thing from the topic you send me but there are no changes. Tried with same pc but on linux and the ethernet is same speed as on amd pc. So reinstalling os is the sollution, probably, but i think that i wont do it, i have too much things that i might need one time. Thanks for fast help and just for help. You can close the topic.
Regards and thanks again

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Zborek,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Thus, we will proceed to close the thread.

Once the thread is closes, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Kindly open a new thread if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos