FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6379 Discussions

API Documentation for Communication with Cyclone 10GX PCI-E Streaming Interface

rogerrabbit
Beginner

I successfully configured my Cyclone 10 GX development kit on my Windows 11 machine using the design example found at the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/714943/intel-cyclone-10-gx-fpga-pcie-2-0-x4-avalon-streaming-design-example.html

I am now trying to develop my own application to establish communication with the FPGA rather than relying on the pre-built demo application provided in the aforementioned link. Unfortunately, the link does not offer any source code or API for this purpose.

Where can I access the source code or an API that facilitates communication with the card in order for me to start working on my project?

My goal to utilize the FPGA for a DMA application, enabling the R/W of system host memory for an image processing project..

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VenTingT
Employee

Hi @rogerrabbit,

Thanks for reaching out to Intel Community Forum.

The reference design uses a Windows-based software application in which the source code is not provided.

We have the source code in Linux for the Reference Design below.

Reference Design: Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX FPGA – PCIe* 2.0 x4 DMA Design Example

You may download the reference design from the link and look for the source code in the driver folder as a reference for you to work on your project.

I hope this helps to address your question.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

VenTing_Intel

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi @rogerrabbit,

May I know if you have further questions regarding this case?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

VenTing_Intel

p/s: If any answers from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark them as solutions, give them kudos, and rate the survey 4/5.

0 Kudos
rogerrabbit
Beginner

Hi.

I am looking for windows drivers, not linux. Do you have any support for windows? Is there any other solution that does? Need to be able to access system physical memory thanks 

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi @rogerrabbit,

Thanks for the reply.

We do not provide the source code for Windows, instead, only Linux source code is provided. You would need to convert the Linux source code into Windows source code yourself.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

VenTing_Intel

0 Kudos
rogerrabbit
Beginner
Hi, forget the source code. Is there at least an example project with windows support that can be referenced? I only saw there is pci-e streaming example but this is just reading from BAR memory, not physical ram of host computer.
0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi @rogerrabbit,

I am sorry to say that the Windows source code for the reference designs that run on the Windows are not provided to users.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

VenTing_Intel

0 Kudos
VenTingT
Employee

Hi @rogerrabbit,

We have not received any response from you on the previous answer that we provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you.

After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10, please allow me to correct it before closing, or please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

VenTing_Intel

0 Kudos