FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6378 Discussions

Algorithm for inverse square root IP

YassinAtwa
Beginner

I'm currently writing my master thesis with a subject on inverse square root algorithms on FPGAS. I'm doing a litterature review on different implementations. However, the inverse square root IP of Intel does not state what kind of algorithm it uses for its IP.

Does anyone know what algorithm it uses? If so can someone provide a reference.

The link to the IP,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683750/23-1/altfp-inv-sqrt-ip-core.html

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

When you mentioned algorithm, are you referring to the Newton's method, Floating-point representation, or the First approximation of the result?
If so, the specific algorithm details are proprietary and are not publicly disclosed by Intel. 

I cannot provide any support regarding your request.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos