FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

DSP Builder DE2 Pin Assignments

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi - I'm new to DSP Builder and I will be running it on a DE2 development board. Could someone tell me or point me to documentation on how to assign input and output ports in DSP Builder to actual FPGA pins? For instance, if I had an output in DSP Builder and wanted it assigned to PIN_C8 how would I do that? Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You have two options: 

1. Open the DSP Builder library in the Simulink Library Browser. Go to AltLab and use the "Quartus II PinoutAssignments" block. Write in the name of the input or output block in your design and the name of your pin. DSP Builder will then add the appropriate pin assignments to your Quartus project. 

2. Open the DSP Builder library in the Simulink Library Browser. Go to Boards and select CycloneIIDE2. Drop the board block into your design and any of the in the component blocks in place of Input and Output blocks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone! I am a new member on this site. I am here to meet new people and make friends. Hope I can meet someone here. And I'm willing to share any ideas of any kind of topic.

0 Kudos