FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6360 Discussions

F-Tile Reference and System PLL Clocks IP

yanghao1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using F-Tile Serial-Lite IV, so I need to instantiate a System PLL Clocks IP for FGT.

1. When select the refclk source for System PLL IP,  can I choose any one of refclk source in the F-tile Reference and System PLL Clocks IP, and then enable it for FGT PMA? Since this selection is logical, and I just need to assign the input clk of PLL to physical pin in qsf? (Dont care about CDR feature.) For example, hardware design connect REFCLK_FGT_CH3 in schematic, while I can select like refclk source #0 for System PLL IP. And I then need to assign the PLL input port to the physical pin in qsf?

2. REFCLK_FGT_CH3 in schematic is differential clock input, how can I connect this differential clock to System PLL IP, since this IP has a single-ended clock input?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There are some rules when implementing the F-Tile Reference and System PLL Clocks IP . When you enable the FGT CDR Output (RX recovered clock output), you must physically map the corresponding FGT PMA to FGT Quad 2 or 3, and you must physically map the FGT CDR Output (RX recovered clock output) to the FGT reference clock location 8 or 9 (configured as output).

For further information, you may refer to link below, Section 4.4. Guidelines for F-Tile Reference and System PLL Clocks Intel FPGA IP Usage, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683872/24-1-4-8-0/guidelines-for-usage.html

Best regards,

zying

0 Kudos
yanghao1
Beginner

Hi Ziying,

thx for your reply. I'm afraid that I didnt make my question clear. I dont mean to or intended to use CDR feature. Just the PLL refclk select issue. And I've read the ug that you provided.

1. My hardware design use REFCLK_FGTL12A_Q1_RX_CH2N/P for serdes#0 and REFCLK_FGTL12A_Q1_RX_CH5N/P for serdes#1 for external clock input @156.25MHz.

1.1 When I config System PLL IP, should I instaniate one system pll IP and enable system pll#0 and #1?

1.2 When select refclk source, can i select refclk #0 and refclk #1 seperately, then enable these two refclk for FGT PMA? or I have to select refclk #2 and #5? 

1.3 What are the frequency of system pll ip output signal out_refclk_fgt_x and out_systempll_clk_x? And what's the meaning of _synthlock_x signal, indicating what clock is locked?

yanghao1_0-1713941074651.png

yanghao1_1-1713941212956.png

2. How can I connect the differential clock input to the single-ended clock input port of system pll ip?

0 Kudos