FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6376 Discussions

Intel FPGA Generic QUAD SPI Controller Core used with MAX10

roneni
Beginner

hi,

I need to connect external flash MT25QL512ABB to MAX10 FPGA thru avalon_mm.

I tried to use the Intel FPGA Generic QUAD SPI Controller Core with standard spi connection and couldn't configure the IP to standard mode (only quad and I can't connect it with quad spi) even though I realized that in another FPGA like cyclone V the standard option is available. 

1. Is there a way to use the Intel FPGA Generic QUAD SPI Controller Core with standard spi connection with MAX10 FPGA?
  2. any suggestion for solution will be welcomed. 

thanks.       

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi roneni,

Let me check on your question and will get back to you later.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi roneni,

The generic_quad SPI Controller only support quad mode for Max10.

I try with other devices, it can support quad or standard mode.

For standard mode, you will required to work with other available SPI IP in the IP catalog.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi roneni,

I will close the thread if no further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi roneni,

I am closing the thread for now as we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
roneni
Beginner
0 Kudos