FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

NCO simulation

Fuad1
Beginner

I’m using Quartus lite edition and Intel Questa to develop my application. My application uses the NCO IP and I’m able to compile the design correctly but I’m not getting the NCO outputs toggling in the RTL simulation using Intel Questa. The Sin, Cos and the valid outputs are all in the U state although I’m not getting errors or warnings in Intel Questa. I wrote a simple design, a wrapper code (attached) to simplify the design and simulate the NCO IP and still the Sin, Cos and the valid outputs are all in the U state using Intel Questa RTL simulation. What could be the cause and how to simulate the NCO IP using Intel Questa? Please note that the .qip and the .sip files are added to the project.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since you are using the Quartus Lite version, have you tried using the Nativelink simulation flow?

The Nativelink feature automatically compile your design, Intel IP, simulation model libraries and testbench.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683080/22-1/using-nativelink-simulation.html

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fuad1
Beginner

I would like to add that I'm getting the warnings in the attached file from Intel Questa when I try to simulate. 

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
"instance xxx not bound" is the relevant warning. It means that the nco IP can't be found by the simulator. Did you generate simulation code by the IP generator and added it to the Questa project? Encrypted synthesis source files can't be used by the simulator.
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since you are using the Quartus Lite version, have you tried using the Nativelink simulation flow?

The Nativelink feature automatically compile your design, Intel IP, simulation model libraries and testbench.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683080/22-1/using-nativelink-simulation.html

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does my latest reply helps?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Yes, it helped. Problem is solved. Thank you.

Regards,

Fuad

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for acknowledging the solution provided. I'm glad to hear that your question has been addressed. Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos