FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6379 Discussions

PCIe Multichannel support

JackDalton
Beginner

Hello,

i am refering to

PCIe multichannel DMA - Intel Community

Does the Multichannel DMA PCIe support now multiple channels support or does internal descriptor controller still ​only support one channel ?

In Multi Channel DMA Intel® FPGA IP for PCI Express* User Guide Figure 1 shows that one channel in VM is supported. 

We are interested in several DMA Channels in one VM.

Best regards

Jack dalton

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
wchiah
Employee

Hi

I think your question has been addressed, also I helped to resubmit the request again , hope that able to help.

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support is helpful, please feel free to give the best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Intel. I'm assigned to support request.

I'll investigate and get back to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi Jack,

I checked internally, same result as you see in the last forum.

"The internal descriptor controller only supports one channel. For multiple channels support, you need to create your own descriptor controllers and then connected to the arbiter and then provide the descriptors to the movers. Unfortunately, there is no example available"

Let me know if you have any other question.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

I think your question has been addressed, also I helped to resubmit the request again , hope that able to help.

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences. 

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support is helpful, please feel free to give the best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

JackDalton
Beginner

Everything ok

0 Kudos