FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6385 Discussions

PCIe test from devkit not working on DK-DEV-AGI027RBES

xalverti
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to setup the specific device -- and started with the examples from here:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/778611

I am using Quartus 24.1. 

When I compile the pcie_ed example it has a critical warning of failing to meet timing constraints.

If I program the FPGA with the pof file generated from the produced sof file, the device is not detected through lspci. 

Through configuration device I see that the device is in USER MODE after programming.

Do you know what could be the case?

Best Regards,

Chloe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xalverti
New Contributor I

I changed the device PCIe slot and somehow it worked. I mark this case as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xalverti
New Contributor I

Please note that we have both tried with cold and warm power cycles after programming and we never detect the device with lspci. 

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

Do you means you program the .sof directly , and everything is work well, including the lspci and ltssm link up ?

When you try to convert .sof to .pof you are seeing error ? Am I understanding this correctly ?

Can you please check the step as mentioned below ? Please ensure you not missing any of the step.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683673/24-1/converting-sof-to-pof-file.html

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
xalverti
New Contributor I

No, we have never tried with the sof file alone. We only try with pof file.

We followed the steps you mention so this is not the issue. 

How should we proceed?

Chloe

0 Kudos
xalverti
New Contributor I

I changed the device PCIe slot and somehow it worked. I mark this case as resolved.

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi

Glad that you solve the problem, thanks for sharing with me the solution as well.

If your support experience falls below a 9 out of 10, I kindly request the opportunity to rectify it before concluding our interaction. If the issue cannot be resolved, please inform me of the cause so that I can learn from it and strive to enhance the quality of future service experiences.

Wincent_Intel

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support is helpful, please feel free to give the best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos