FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6360 Discussions

agilex7 serial lite avs interface signals

yanghao1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Serial Lite on Agilex7 device. I dont understand the meaning of AVS signals below,

[7:0] channel: is this just pass through the serial lite to the recv side? 

[4:0] empty: according to the spec, this indicate the number of non-valid words in the final burst. What is word, is one word equals to 8B? or 4B? or else? My design implement a 4 lane duplex FGT connection. The empty signal can size maximum 31 non-valid words in the final burst, this means how many non-valid bytes in the final burst?

[3:0] num_valid_bytes_eob: this indicate the number of valid bytes in the last words of final burst. As in my design, 256bit data width, little-endian, how does this signal work?

is_usr_cmd: is this just pass through the serial lite to the recv side?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

AVS is Avalon Streaming Signals.

You can go through this 5. Avalon® Streaming Interfaces (intel.com).

Check this 6.3. MAC Signals (intel.com) and 4.1.2.1. Start-of-burst CW (intel.com)

You have 2-seperate signals for tx and rx.

Number of Words (1 word = 64 bits). Please refer 4.1.2. Control Word (CW) Insertion (intel.com)

num_valid_bytes_eob  - This is 3-bit signal not 4-bit. 4.1.2. Control Word (CW) Insertion (intel.com)

And these 3-bits are for 8bytes/64-bits.

You need to experiment it but my understanding is from 256 bits the last 64-bits you need to consider because this signal itself you can represent max 8bytes.

You have two signals one for TX and one for RX.

Please refer 6.3. MAC Signals (intel.com)

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

AVS is Avalon Streaming Signals.

You can go through this 5. Avalon® Streaming Interfaces (intel.com).

Check this 6.3. MAC Signals (intel.com) and 4.1.2.1. Start-of-burst CW (intel.com)

You have 2-seperate signals for tx and rx.

Number of Words (1 word = 64 bits). Please refer 4.1.2. Control Word (CW) Insertion (intel.com)

num_valid_bytes_eob  - This is 3-bit signal not 4-bit. 4.1.2. Control Word (CW) Insertion (intel.com)

And these 3-bits are for 8bytes/64-bits.

You need to experiment it but my understanding is from 256 bits the last 64-bits you need to consider because this signal itself you can represent max 8bytes.

You have two signals one for TX and one for RX.

Please refer 6.3. MAC Signals (intel.com)

Hope this clarifies.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you,

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos