FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

avalon_master_waitrequest signal is always high

nelky
Beginner

Hi,

I am creating a project using Quartus Prime Pro on AGFB022R25A2I3V to read and write to single-port on-chip RAM.

When I tried to simulate using modelsim, I found that the avalon_master_waitrequest signal is always high.

avalon_master_waitrequest is an input pin which takes signal from altera_mm_interconnect_1920_haeydly uav_waitrequest pin.

But I don't know who is controlling this pin.  It always stays high.

Can you please explain to me why it is so?  I may have done some settings wrongly and it causes this pin to always stays high.

Please guide me.

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know is that the avalon_master_waitrequest signal is the signal of the pcie ip avalon_mm? Which pcie ip you're using?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
nelky
Beginner

Hi Sheng,

I don't use any pcie ip.  I am using on-chip memoery II (RAM or ROM) Intel FPGA IP.

Regards

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know in your design which ip (avalon-mm master) is interfaced with this on-chip memoery II (RAM or ROM) Intel FPGA IP? I think avalon_master_waitrequest is a signal of the avalon-mm master.

Are you using BFM simulation?

Possible to provide the on-chip memoery II .ip file for checking the settings?

Thanks,

Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
nelky
Beginner

Hi ShengN,

I created the master myself.  After checking, I found that the avalon_master_waitrequest at the master side is an input pin.  It gets the signal from altera_mm_interconnect_1920_haeydly uav_waitrequest pin.  But this pin somehow stays high forever.  Do I miss out anything here?

Regards

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Is the host only connected to the RAM?  Is it connected to any other components?

waitrequest is held high automatically by the interconnect if an agent is not ready yet to respond to a command or if the agent manually controls the waitrequest signal.

0 Kudos
nelky
Beginner

Hi all,

After checking, it's because the reset pin not set properly.  It stays at reset condition all the time.  That's why the waitrequest doesn't toggle.

Now it is ok already.

Thanks all.

Regards

0 Kudos