FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6365 Discussions

help about FFT calculate

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello all: 

I am a new for FPGA. there has a problem that I want run FFT programme in nios .my nios type is cyclone EP1C6Q240C8, FFT programme is not a problem ,for there has many good programme already ,but the problem is the type nios ,has no floating multiply custom ,so i have to make a floating multiplier in nios , so is there anybody ever do the similar topic , I need you help,  

thanks in advance :)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

quartus/nios ii vers 7.1, the latest, has floating point hardware, just pull it "off the shelf" in SOPC builder and you'r set. You know that Altera has a very powerfull fft ip core as well? With that you can make a very fast and optimized flow-through FFT processor, but also single buffer versions can be generated, in case you want to conserve resources. I think you can find many here in this forum with ideas on how to integrate such a core into a nios architecture. Here I would like to lean back and listen in!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Firstly thank your help . yes ,it works well .but when the system make .sof file successfully . then the problem appear.: 

Error: Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x020840DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0x020820DD. 

Error: Operation failed 

my nios ii development board version it cyclone EP1C6Q240C8, I want know whether it is not fit for doing this operation. thank you a lot . if not . then how I can solve this problem .  

Best wishes:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

double check which device you use in quartus and which is on your board. they must match

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes . in my quatus it is EP1C6Q , and on my board it is this one too. but the question is that I used full_featured file ,in the file its board should be EP1C20. so i use this file can generate the right sysytem(.sof) .which download by cable is wrong all the time . that is mean the three board must be same ,(in quartus(device setting, my board, full_featured file)), is not it ?????I want sure this point . if the answer is yes . so that is mean i must re-edit sopc again.

0 Kudos