FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5938 Discussions

10M02SCE144C8G Maximum operating junction temperature

Eva2Ethan
Beginner

Hello,

Greetings!!

I'm from CYIENT. We are using 10M02SCE144C8G FPGA in our project. As per requirement the FPGA should sustained up to -40 °C. In the datasheet minimum junction temperature is given as -40 °C but with note: 

40°C is only applicable to Start of Test, when the device is powered-on. The device does not stay at the minimum junction temperature for a long time.

could you tell me how long it can sustain at minimum -40 °C in operating condition. 

I have attached the screenshot of the datasheet note for the reference. 

Eva2Ethan_0-1712046467938.png

@Ash_R_Intel @NazrulNaim_Intel @AR_A_Intel 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for reaching out. I'm Nazrul Naim looking into your issue and allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Eva2Ethan
Beginner

Hello NazrulNaim,

Thank you for considering my issue. We are waiting for your inputs regarding the issue.

Best regards,

Nisha Yadav

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I'm still in the midst of the discussion regarding this with the internal teams. Unfortunately, it takes longer than usual heard. I will plan on letting you know as soon as I learn more information. Really appreciate your patience.

Warm Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We don’t guarantee how long the device can sustain at -40C. What we guarantee is the device can operate as low as junction temperature at -40c.

It is normal that when device is power on, the thermal power generated by the device will increase the junction temp.

We have EPE to estimate the Core temp in the website: MAX 10 PowerPlay Early Power Estimator (EPE) | Intel

Hope that answers your question

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Eva2Ethan
Beginner

Hello Nazrul,

Thank you for the response. I have checked the EPE tool but this tool will estimate my junction temperature according to logic but I want to use my device at -40 C for at least 2 hours. Could you check and tell me whether it will be an appropriate FPGA for this temperature or else can you give a list of FPGAS with similar functionality.  

Best regards,

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos