FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Arria 10 License support

WJS
Beginner

We recently upgraded our Quartus Pro license and it seems like we are missing a feature line.  Am I correct and how do I rectify?

Here is the feature line from the old license that we don’t see in the new license:

################################################################################

# End of Altera Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File. Issued 01/12/2017

# FEATURE START Bitec

################################################################################

FEATURE 56CC_2481 alterad 2016.12 permanent 1 36BD7458A576 \

VENDOR_STRING="9i7b9kl6e6jjhy1i5166AnMhwiOfWOeZm1MQcY8NMW0Capw52jac1GCek3Ob1ha0GZBefRsmjEDp60D9FQJHadLyQuizoR43EcINVtVVwUiiEzw0ki9iBF0Ek3ST01gT9UjKeS0z1T6jjI6" \

SIGN="04CA 7D62 9B2D C65F DA17 6118 8562 81C0 393C B9E6 2C6D \

2353 7249 8D0E 3895 0314 9B96 B5CD 630E 4631 A9D7 97BD DAFC \

363F 501C E304 8B28 0365 D5BA FAFD"

# FEATURE END

Do we need this added to our license?

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Maybe the issue caused by corrupt or incomplete license file. Could help to request/regenerate again a new license file in self-service licensing center. Before that, you need to clear out your web browsers cache/temporary internet files (if possible, shutdown your PC and restart back) and regenerate back new license using Google chrome and try out see how things go.

0 Kudos
WJS
Beginner

Dear Employee,

Thanks for you response.  It does not seem like it is possible to "regenerate" the license file.  The self serve does not allow generating a 2nd license file.  Could you be more specific on how this is achieved?

By the way, my current license file file seems to work well except on the on feature that I listed above?   Is is possible that my new license does not include the feature?  Do I need to add the feature or should it be automatic?

Thanks

WJS

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) new license.dat file

2) old license.dat file

Also provide details below

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message

0 Kudos
WJS
Beginner

Hi,

I've dropped the old license file, the new license file and my contact info.  I might have to do 3 different drops due to size limitations. 

It's seems that we are missing our old Feature for the Bitic Display Port.  We will also be needing a new Bitec feature for HDMI. We do have license for both from Bitec.   I guess my problem is that I don't know how to add these features.

Jay

0 Kudos
WJS
Beginner

Drop for license files

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. The feature Bitec is combine to your license.dat file before. Based on my understanding, you can add this feature in new license.dat file by edit/added it in notepad. 

0 Kudos
WJS
Beginner

Editing the license.dat file with the Bitec feature worked.   

Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
WJS
Beginner

Thanks for all your help.  I do have another question.    I added the feature line for the Bitec DP license by editing the license.dat file as you suggested and it worked. Thanks .     I was only able to do this because we had this feature in an older license.dat file to copy.

Now, I want to add the Bitec feature 2485 fo HDMI 2.1. We do have that license from Bitec and want to update the Quartus license.dat file.  How do I get the correct format for this FEATURE line?

Thanks again,

WJS

0 Kudos