FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

DE10-Nano device tree (dts) in kernel sources

davidyu1
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to build kernel image from kernel source code.

But I cannot find de10-nano device tree source (.dts or .dtb) in <kernel source>/arch/arm/boot/dts/

Where to find it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aikeu
Employee

Hi davidyu1,

Sorry for late reply.

For your reference, Below is the example for DE0_nano board FPGA LED enablement.

Try to refer this link on how to enable the FPGA LEDs:

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/EmbeddedLinuxBeginnerSGuide?elq_cid=9479505_ts1669347393245&erpm_id=6980624_ts1669347393245

Check step 2: Hardware Design Overview

You will need to have the LED component placed inside your Qsys project. The LED pin assignment (can check with pin planner) is pointing to the dedicated FPGA pins of the board mentioned in the board user guide.

Check step 6: Generating and Compiling the Device Device Tree

You can see how the device tree look like for LED enablement of the project.

When your system boot up to U-boot, you can access the address which bridge the HPS->FGPA, referring to the address of the Qsys connections of the project.

Make sure bridge is enabled in U-boot with bridge enable cmd.

Make sure you already flashed in the FPGA design in the FPGA fabric.

Then in U-boot, you can use md cmd to set the address of the LED bits to on/off

After system boot into linux kernel, you can use devmem cmd to set the address of the LED bits to on/off.

Observe the LEDs lights on the board.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
davidyu1
Beginner

Hi,

In additon,

When I tried to upgrade kernel version with de0 device tree, I can not find the "gpio-leds" of fpga-region in the device tree.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee
0 Kudos
davidyu1
Beginner

Hi,

In your DE10-nano SD card image,

there is a gpio-leds funcion in fpga-region in device tree infomation ( shown in /proc/device-tree/ ).

But I cannot find this part in device tree source (dts) in the links you provided.

0 Kudos
davidyu1
Beginner

Hi Aik,

Do you have any suggestion about gpio-leds funcion in fpga-region?

Thanks.

David Yu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi davidyu1,

Sorry for late reply.

For your reference, Below is the example for DE0_nano board FPGA LED enablement.

Try to refer this link on how to enable the FPGA LEDs:

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/EmbeddedLinuxBeginnerSGuide?elq_cid=9479505_ts1669347393245&erpm_id=6980624_ts1669347393245

Check step 2: Hardware Design Overview

You will need to have the LED component placed inside your Qsys project. The LED pin assignment (can check with pin planner) is pointing to the dedicated FPGA pins of the board mentioned in the board user guide.

Check step 6: Generating and Compiling the Device Device Tree

You can see how the device tree look like for LED enablement of the project.

When your system boot up to U-boot, you can access the address which bridge the HPS->FGPA, referring to the address of the Qsys connections of the project.

Make sure bridge is enabled in U-boot with bridge enable cmd.

Make sure you already flashed in the FPGA design in the FPGA fabric.

Then in U-boot, you can use md cmd to set the address of the LED bits to on/off

After system boot into linux kernel, you can use devmem cmd to set the address of the LED bits to on/off.

Observe the LEDs lights on the board.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi davidyu1,

I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos