FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Fifo simulation

VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,
I am using altera libraries cells to run simulation of my design in synopsys vcs. Basically few fifo and memories I use. I compile altera_mf.v file for this purpose. The compilation is going well. However, while running the simulation I see following message continuously printing on screen.
/*****************************************
Time: 0 Instance: ser_fifo.scfifo_component
Time: 0 Instance: a_graycounter
is not a hexadecimal value
is not a hexadecimal value
Please suggest, how to get rid of this error. I am using Synopsys VCS simulation Q-2020.03-SP1 version.
Regards,
Vikram

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I do not seen this error before. Could you share the design that could duplicate this error and the steps to duplicate it? 

0 Kudos
VSavi3
Beginner

Hi,

I here with attached the compile log of the simulation, Please scroll down till end you will find continuous display of " is not a hexadecimal value".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

hi, without a design, it will be hard to determine why this error occur. please help to share your design so we could check on this. If your design is confidential, a simplify design that could duplicate the error will good enough for investigation.

You may checkout the fifo user guide below along with the design example (at page 30):

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_fifo.pdf

0 Kudos