FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Fitter Error in Arria 10, while placing IOPLL and LVDS SERDES in a single bank

prince_punia
Novice

Hi, I am using Arria 10 board: 10AX048E4F29M3SG

I am instantiating one IOPLL instance and 7 LVDS_SERDES instances (for RX) (4 channels per instance) in a single IOBANK (3C)

While doing so, I am getting following error:

14566: The fitter cannot place 5 periphery component(s) due to conflicts with existing constraints (5 IO SERDES DPA(s)).

I am unable to understand the error. Because if I remove the IOPLL instance, fitter runs smoothly without any error.

Please help me solve this issue.

If something is not clear let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Prince

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you let Fitter assign the pin locations on it own? Remove any pin assignments allocated by you. See where the tool places them. May be there is a pin which is restricted due to SERDES pins.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any update on the case? Was it resolved?

Regards

0 Kudos
prince_punia
Novice

Hi, no it has not been resolved

I tried your method as well i.e. letting fitter assign pins automatically but it cannot place multiple lvds_serdes cores (in dpa mode) in a single IO Bank.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think the number of available pins in that bank are less than your requirement. As per the IO pinout sheet, bank 3C has 24 pairs of LVDS pins. Your requirement is 28 + one more pair for IOPLL. This is not possible. Check the pinout file and place the pins accordingly.

Regards

0 Kudos
prince_punia
Novice

Hi,

Even if I try to assign only two instances of LVDS serdes, It generates the error.

The only working scenario is one iopll assignment and one lvds serdes assignment.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please share the .ip files of your LVDS SERDES IP and IOPLL IP?

Regards

0 Kudos
prince_punia
Novice

Hi,

Where can I locate '.ip' files? I did a quick search and couldn't find any expect for jesd.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

When you invoke the IP from IP catalog, it asks you for the name of the IP variant. By default the path is the Quartus project directory.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any update? Can you share the .ip files?

Regards

0 Kudos