FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

GIDEP ALERT

Rick23
Beginner

A GIDEP alert was put out last week as two part numbers were found to be counterfeit and it is unknown how many other part numbers are affected. At my company we are seeing Altera markings on FPGAs, even though the acquisition where Intel acquired Altera was in 2015. Are parts still being manufactured with the Altera name or should we consider these as suspect counterfeit?Can anyone help on this topic?

I tried calling and got the number cannot be completed as dialed. I tried putting in a request and that did not work either. I tried email and it came back undeliverable.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

First, did you purchase the device from Intel authorized distributors? If not we can't help much.

please check it here to confirm: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059819/programs.html

Please give us the snap shot of your suspect top marking. We can verify the device is genuine or not.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It has been a while since you posted on this case. Do you have any more questions regarding this case. If no, I will later then set this case to Close-Pending.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos