FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5979 Discussions

How many PCIe interfaces available in intel FPGA?

zdzlin
Beginner

Hello, Now I need to build a little AI network using intel‘s FPGA as interconnect chip, I found intel 's stragix 10 could support at most 4 PCIe gen4X8, but I need more PCIe interface,I tried to generate 8 Pcie EPs,even X4 is OK,but vivado tell me I could not use more than 4 PCIe interfaces, even with less lane。 Anyone could give me some suggestions tosolve this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ventt
Employee

Hi @zdzlin,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Within the Stratix 10 Device Family, there are several device variants, including the Stratix 10 GX, Stratix 10 DX, and others. Given your requirement to support PCIe Gen 4.0, I believe you are targeting Stratix 10 DX FPGA. Each variant in the device family has slight feature differences from the others.

For the Stratix 10 DX 2800 FPGA, it comprises 4 P-Tiles. For each P-Tile, the P-Tile Avalon Streaming IP for PCIe can support Gen4 x8/x8 Endpoint configuration. That means it can support up to 8 EPs in total.

Following this, you would need to install Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Design Software to generate the PCIe IP and configure it according to your requirements.

For further information about the boards that match your requirements, please reach out to the Altera® Products local distributor or the sales team.

Kindly check out the Useful Websites below:

1. Altera® Product Catalog

Consist of the Altera® Product with listed features.

2. Altera® Product Distributor Partner

Find the Altera® Product Local distributor near you.

3. Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software

Download Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Design Software Pro Edition.

4. Altera® PCI Express IP Support Center

Find the IP User Guides according to the selected device to check the PCIe IP configuration supported. 

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

p/s: If any answers from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark them as solutions, give them kudos, and rate the survey 4/5.

0 Kudos
ventt
Employee

Hi @zdzlin,

Do you have any further questions?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

0 Kudos
ventt
Employee

Hi @zdzlin,

We have not received any response from you on the previous answer that we provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you.

After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10, please allow me to correct it before closing, or please let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ven Ting

p/s: If any answers from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark them as solutions, give them kudos, and rate the survey 4/5.

0 Kudos