FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5923 Discussions

How to load an Image in RAM of Intel Max 10 FPGA

mamuneeb332
Beginner

Hi,
I had used the IP Catalogue in Quartus Prime Lite (22.1) to instantiate a 1-port RAM. Now, i would like to store an Image into it, as far as i know there is only two types of input we can give that is .mif file or .hex file. I am not able to create the Intel Format Hexadecimal File to load in the RAM. Can anyone please help me, how can i convert my image into Intel Format Hexadecimal File that can be loaded. Or is there any alternate solution ?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

When you say you are not able to create the file, what do you mean?  In Quartus, just select File menu -> New and select to create either a .mif or .hex.  Fill in the table with the RAM contents you want, save the file, then point the parameter editor for the RAM to the file you created.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by 'load an image' ? Image of what ?

As mentioned by sstrell, Quartus gives you option to create a new .mif or .hex file. Did you try it?

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos