FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5972 Discussions

Migration from Cyclone V SX to SE

kurot
Beginner

Hi,
I am considering to replace the Cyclone V SX with the Cyclone V SE in the same package without changing the PCB, is that a problem?

before:
5CSXFC6D6F31I7N
after:
5CSEMA6F31I7N

Transceiver and PCIe are unused, so GXB bank pins tied to GND or floating.

(Assigned to GND or DNU pin after replacement)

The power pins for the transceiver are changed as shown below. (Same voltage)

VCCH_GXBL to VCCA_FPLL
VCCL_GXBL to VCC
VCCE_GXBL to VCC

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, do they have the same dedicated pin, configuration pin and power pin? If it so, it is compatible.

0 Kudos
kurot
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

The pin functions are not exactly the same.
However, the pin connection method is the same.
Therefore, I think it is possible to migrate, but please give me your opinion.

Regards,

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It is migratable if it has same dedicated pin, configuration pin and power pin.

Moreover, it is not compatible as per Cyclone V Device Overview document. You may take a look at link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683694/current/i-o-vertical-migration-for-devices.html

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

0 Kudos