Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4787 Discussions

RES2SV240 24-pin LED connectors

BryanKadzban
Beginner
I asked this same question over in the Server Products forum, since this RES2SV240 device is a server product, but they pointed me here, so I'm re-posting.

I'm looking at getting one of these RES2SV240 expanders. They have two blocks of 2x12 pins, which are supposed to drive LEDs to show which drives are connected and/or in an error state.

I have some assumptions about how that signaling works (I assume that each drive's indication takes two pins, and green is indicated with one of those pins at ground and the other at some positive voltage, while red is indicated by swapping the voltages so current flows the opposite direction). But I want to know if that's right before I design the LED setup for this system.

I'm also wondering what voltage is driven onto these pins, if my assumption is right. (What's the positive voltage used?)

I don't see this information in the hardware guide, only a sentence mentioning that these two blocks of pins can drive LEDs.

Thanks for any help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you may still be in the wrong forum.  This forum is for Intel (Altera) FPGA development kits.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BryanKadzban,

Greetings for the day!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please allow us some time, and we'll get back to you with a resolution shortly.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi BryanKadzban,

Greetings for the day!

Hope you are doing well. RES2SV240 24-pin LED connectors} and the associated spare parts and accessories have been discontinued. This email is to inform you that the support for the said products have been switched to self-service support.

The available self-service support options include:

Technical support content available online

Discontinued products could be under warranty. Submit warranty service through the Warranty Center (supporttickets.intel.com).

Support and services for the Intel® Partner Alliance partners through the Intel® Partner Alliance support site (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/partner-alliance/overview.html)

Help from other users in the Intel Support Community (add community jump link based on the product)

We no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for self-service products.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
BryanKadzban
Beginner
> Help from other users in the Intel Support Community (add community jump link based on the product)

Um. That's what I'm trying to do here: that's why I posted this question originally.

Do you have the "jump link based on the product"? Does that head right back to the server products forum, or here, or should I be asking somewhere else?

Thank you,

Bryan
0 Kudos