FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5959 Discussions

Stratix 10 H-TILE Signal Integrity Kit - PCIE

n_nuti
Employee

Hello,

My team and I are trying to use an FMC to PCIE adapter on an S10 h-tile signal integrity kit. In doing so, I need to use the following pins to connect to the H-TILE PCIE IP:

n_nuti_0-1695250537356.png

I'm currently using AE14, and using this pin causes the following to happen during programming:

n_nuti_1-1695250881950.png

I read from this page that it's caused from the 3V0 lanes (VCCH and VCCRR/L):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000074933.html

I'm trying to look at the schematics to understand what else is required for this to work. Can you please suggest any changes to stop this configuration error from happening?

Thank you,

Nick

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_nuti
Employee

Update:

• Specified voltages were measured to be within spec:
    • S10_VCCH = 1.804V
    • S10_VCCRL = 1.119V
    • S10_VCCRR = 1.119V
    • S10_VCCT = 1.119V
  • I checked through all on-board switches to see if anything is out of the ordinary... nothing obvious

After checking through more of the schematics I couldn't find anything obvious...

I was actually able to program my S10 board with my PCIE IP project but only in a specific situation... The system is only able to be programmed if the BITEC DP FMC card that we have is connected to FMCA. If FMCA has the FMC to PCIE connector, we get the configuration error specified in the previous post.

I've been studying the BITEC DP FMC card and it doesn't have anything out of the ordinary except for:

• PRSNT_M2C_L (H2) connected to GND
  • TDI (D30) is looped-back to TDO (D31)

I do not have schematics for the FMC to PCIE card at the current moment. Are there any specific FMC/PCIE HARD IP requirements for Stratix 10?

Thank you,

Nick

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi,

You can get the schematic here ES and Production

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/stratix/10-gx.html

Please let me know if you still cannot get the information you need.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
n_nuti
Employee

Hi,

The schematic you've sent me is for the wrong board... and I already have the schematic as noted from the image in my first post.

What are the minimum requirements for using FMC on Stratix 10 boards?

Nick

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi Nicholas.

1. can I know which quartus version that you are using ? can you try the latest version of quartus and see if you are able to replicate the issue ?
  2. Do you try the resolution mentioned Error : Device has stopped receiving configuration data (intel.com) ?
  3. Is it workable ?

Regards,

Wei Chuan

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

close this as move to internal communication

0 Kudos